Attempt at labor plan changes for second/third deliveries?

Jezzielin

Reaction score
This might be a dumb question but has anyone had a different attempt at labor the second/third time around? I remember before having my first baby I wanted to do it all natural, I ended up caving literally a 10 cm as soon as they had to put the needle in my back I had to push - and I had to wait.

With my second baby I made it to 9 to 10 cm, then again had the epidural. I tend to want to wait as long as I can so I don't get the epidural too early and risk slowing down the labor. Having said that I've always wondered if I could go through labor naturally and to be honest I don't anticipate that haha but has anyone ever tried changing their experience after the previous birth or two?

:shrug:

Id attempt changing position for pushing. I pushed for 51minutes but I think if I hadnt been flat on my back id of done it quicker but the midwife didnt even suggest moving and at the time I didnt think of it because I was asleep between contractions and pushing lol. Other than that id maybe try be more upright/moving about.

Give it a go hun, honestly the hardest part about pushing is the sting when the head is there BUT in all honesty I didnt really feel the pain of my contractions when pushing because I was doing something constructive :thumbup: and once the heads out I didnt really feel any pain coz it goes numb down there (or at least i did!) I assume from the stretching xx

With my first i had only gas and air and was on my knees over a birthing ball.. With this one I'd really like a water birth! I'd like to say I'd want to have an active labour and be up and about but I remember with my first just flopping over the ball and not being able to move so don't hold much hope!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->