Attempted VBAC, Baby Mia's overdue arrival!!

jollygood000

Mammy to a boy and girl
Reaction score
Hope this isnt too long, I really enjoy reading other peoples stories so I hope I have made it as entertaining as possible haha...

29th September 4.30pm... after loads of 'false' contractions I started to feel some tightenings whilst watching cartoons with Luke, I didnt think anything of it but after about 20mins of them coming 3-5mins apart I thought I would have a bath to see if they would ease or get stronger. They eased and I thought that would be the end of it. got out of the bath at 5.20pm thinking it was another false start and ignoring the tightenings. Logged on to BnB and had a private message off bigprincess who was also 9 days overdue and asking if Id had any more pains... I was replying to that message when I got a pain that was really strong, I had to stand off the sofa it was that bad... as I stood up POP went my waters, it was a gush which eased but them returned with each contraction, instantly the pains got worse.

5.30pm... I got in touch with DH who said he was on his way, rang my Dad to ask him to come for Luke and started to potter on getting everything ready. At this point my contractions were getting much stronger, lasting 40-60secons and were about 2mins apart.

5.40pm... DH got home from work (breaking land speed records Im sure) and helped me get changed into clean clothes, he rang the hospital as my contractions were so close together I couldnt speak. They advised us to go straight in to be monitored.

6.25pm... arrived at hospital after the worst 20mins of my life, I had to close my eyes and breath through the contractions which were now only 1minute apart, pot holes are not your friends when you are in labour I know that for sure!!

6.35pm... was examined by midwife who checked my tummy to ensure baby was moving down, this was really painful but I didnt think anything of it at the time, she strapped me to the monitors and discovered my contractions were lasting 1minute and were anywhere between 30-90seconds apart (ouch). She then examined me and discovered I was only 3CM... WTF!!! I asked for Gas and Air lol.

7.00pm... midwife and DH tried to help me to toilet as I thought I needed a wee, I couldnt get off the toilet and they had to almost carry me out, I started to get upset thinking I wasnt coping as I couldnt understand why my constractions were so intense when I was so early in labour, midwife checked my tummy again and I flinched, she said she needed to get a doctor to double check me.

7.15pm... doctor came into room and checked my tummy, she asked to describe where the pain was I pointed to the worst areas and explained it felt tender and swollen... she then informed me my baby was to be born very soon as they were concerned that my previous section scar was about to rupture. I dont remember much as it was all go but I was then rushed to theatre, DH looked green and like he was going to burst into tears.

7.45pm... as I was being prepped for theatre my midwife came in and informed me that some of the contractions I had in the delivery room had actually gone off the chart (makes me feel hard as nails hahaha)

8.06pm... Mia Elwell was tugged from my tummy, she took a good minute to cry and I burst into tears, DH also filled up but was too busy laughing at me. Mia was placed onto the pillow next to my face, I just remember seeing blonde hair and these beautiful big eyes! She was given to DH and we both just sat staring at her... absolutely in love!! She weighed 7lb 7oz which is bigger than they thought she would be but she still looks tiny to me!

Sooo... my VBAC failed, and I dont care at all, I am happy that my body did what it was supposed to and I went into labour naturally, I hadnt done anything at all that day to try and 'bring it on' and yet after just 3 1/2 hours I had a gorgeous baby. I was informed the following day my contractions were so intense because Mia was coming out sideways (she had been back to back so was obviously trying to turn) but she was also face presentation so her face was coming out first... this caused a problem in the section as she was deeply engaged they struggled to get her out and had to push her face back up, she had 2 faint black eyes the following day but they healed amazingly after 48hrs! My section was much more painful than my first and the bruising is really bad because of the troubles they had. After all that I was told that my scar wasnt even rupturing but I had some pretty bad adhesions which were starting to tear during the contractions, overall the consultant said it was 100% the best decision to deliver baby immediately. I honestly dont care, she is here and she is AMAZING!! I cant uploads pictures at the minute but I will try to add some later.

Thanks for reading my story, sorry if I have waffled on a bit there was just so much to say!!! Wishing each and everyone of you a wonderful pregnancy and birth!! xxx

How wonderfull :hugs: Congratulations on the birth of Mia :baby:

I shall really look forward to seeing your pics :cloud9:

I have had 2 C.sections now also & both babies were brow presentation & back to back

Thinking this LO will do the same & so am booked in for my 3rd C.section

Best birth story yet! :) you did soooo well! Little Mia is here finally. I'm so made up for you. Now you go off and enjoy your perfect little fam. Thanks for bein an ace friend on here :) xxxxxxxxx

awww congrats hun!! Soo happy for you! Xx

Well done hun xxxxx a bit traumatic for you but all ended well xxx glad you are both ok xxx

Congratulations! I can't wait to see photos of Mia!

Congratulations!!!! She's gorgeous. Glad she arrived safely, and you did so well through such painful contractions, you should be proud of yourself. Well done!

Well done huni, u did really well, she's gorgeous x

keep popping into 3rd we will miss you otherwise !!!!
anyway amazing story so glad mia finally made it and it sounds like totally the right decision for you both !! hope you feel a bit less bruised soon though !!
well done x x

wow amazing story Jolly, again congrats on beautiful baby Mia. You have really helped make my mind up. You take care and enjoy your daughter.

congrats! Sorry you didn't get your VBAC but well done for trying and getting through what sounds like really horrendous contractions! x

well done hun! you did really well :flower: congratulations on your precious girl xx

Aw congrats an well done, thanks for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->