ATTENTION ADMINS! - Re - Newborn club/Section

xPH03N1Xx

Reaction score
We are just having a discussion in 3rd Tri, About how we don't really have anywhere to go after 3rd Tri. We have all been through our pregnancies together and it would just be wonderful to carry onto the next stage of our lives together.

So we would like to request a new section for Newborns.

Or maybe a couple of sections...
- Newborns
- 3 to 6 Months
- 6 to 12 Months etc

Thanks for your attention anyway!
(Sorry if I posted in the wrong place... I wasn't sure where you would see it)

xx

There is baby club here:

https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/

where people post questions/threads regarding babies

and there is also a place for parenting group threads here for chat/keep in touch with current bump buddies/due date buddies/friends here:

https://www.babyandbump.com/parenting-groups/

:)

We know.. It Just feels a touch divided.

We've just all been through so much, and none of us feel quite ready for baby club, as silly as that sounds, that it would just be nice to have a place together for those first few months and where you can see the same women we've been with the whole way through xx

^That would be where a group thread would come in so that you can all stay together for your journey as mothers :)

It just seems a bit silly that we have separate areas for hitting milestones together through our pregnancies, but we don't have a place like this for our babies?

Here's the link to the original thread:
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/873205-leaving-third-tri.html

I have been on many other forums that did have a "newborn" group as there is just something different about the newborn/adujustment time then what is considered "baby" :shrug: I think it is a great idea that should be considered :thumbup:

PLEASE can you give us a newborn section. Baby Club is great, but I really feel like we need a specific section for newborns. Please.

I totally agree.. I wanna be with the same women I've been with since first tri and all the ladies I've met in third.. a newborn section is definitely different then baby club!

Oh this is such a great idea... I've looked around Baby Club and the age range is so vast. It would be so nice to be able to gently transition into a newborn forum- kind of like how pregnancy is separated into trimester forums to celebrate similar milestones. Like how in first trimester we will talk about morning sickness and telling family we are pregnant. Then second trimester we talk about blue, pink, and yellow bumps and ultrasounds. Third trimester is all about those long last weeks and swollen ankles. To have all of the trimesters lumped together would be hard to follow in the same way as posting about first week with baby while others are posting about baby's first steps.

The group forums are probably great, but some of us including myself may have joined in too far to have bump buddies, etc. Newcomers to the site with newborns would probably appreciate a separate newborn forum as well.

It would be pretty cool to have a forum for those first few weeks!

I feel the same, baby club is such a range of ages most of the posts wouldnt apply to a newborn so you find yourself routing through them trying to find ones that are aimed at newborns..

Girls, I think we are going to have to make a parenting group but it would be HUGE! xx

I feel the same, baby club is such a range of ages most of the posts wouldnt apply to a newborn

At the same time, many of the women in there can give great advice as they have young babies but have been through the newborn stage. If you separate baby club then you will have a lot of newborn Mothers posting and their posts getting missed by more experience Mums who might not visit that section.

Baby Club tends to be up to age 1. If you think 0-1 is a large age group, wait until Toddler & Preschool :lol: That's age 1-5.

Everyone feels strange posting in new sections. I remember going from baby to toddler and feeling it was a big jump. It's about eating new people on the start of your new journey. You can always keep in touch with people via the groups too.

I feel the same, baby club is such a range of ages most of the posts wouldnt apply to a newborn

At the same time, many of the women in there can give great advice as they have young babies but have been through the newborn stage. If you separate baby club then you will have a lot of newborn Mothers posting and their posts getting missed by more experience Mums who might not visit that section.

Baby Club tends to be up to age 1. If you think 0-1 is a large age group, wait until Toddler & Preschool :lol: That's age 1-5.

That's no different to being in 3rd tri?
We are all at the same stage, some of us have never had babies, but some have...
Do you think the pregnancy forums should not be seperated, so that those of us in our 3rd tri can give advice to 1st tris?

I agree too! And although I'm only just moving into 3rd tri.. (early) I already feel there is no where specific to go afterwards. :(

I'm sorry for taking the time to reply to your thread and sharing my opinion as I realise now it's not what you wanted. I think it's a shame you've thanked everyone but myself and the admin for posting, but that's your choice.

I don't think admin are ignoring you. Vickie's posted twice so far and she's on a different timezone and although the mods help look after the forum too it's really only admin who can make forum changing decisions. I'm sure she'll post soon when it's morning in Canada.

Good luck with whatever is decided and the rest of your pregnancies. :)

I'm sorry for taking the time to reply to your thread and sharing my opinion as I realise now it's not what you wanted. I think it's a shame you've thanked everyone but myself and the admin for posting, but that's your choice.

I don't think admin are ignoring you. Vickie's posted twice so far and she's on a different timezone and although the mods help look after the forum too it's really only admin who can make forum changing decisions. I'm sure she'll post soon when it's morning in Canada.

Good luck with whatever is decided and the rest of your pregnancies. :)

I'm so sorry if i came across rude! I really didn't mean to be!
Thankyou for sharing your point of view... And I really am sorry. I normally only click to say thankyou when I don't take the time to reply... But I will do both from now on

That's ok, thanks for clearing that up. :) I thought I'd offended you.

That's ok, thanks for clearing that up. :) I thought I'd offended you.

I really am sorry lol... I feel bad for the way I came across! Wish it was easier to convey a tone if voice ;)

I absolutely feel this forum has enough sections LOL

I mean it's going to be a lot of work for admin to just create a new section that people will use for what, 4 weeks? 1 month max?

The tris are a bit different because they are medically recognised as being very different and they are also 3 months long! Babies are only considered 'newborn' for a month!

I just think perhaps make baby club your base and be those people who answer questions to new mamas and what not, the forum is what you make it x

I absolutely feel this forum has enough sections LOL

I mean it's going to be a lot of work for admin to just create a new section that people will use for what, 4 weeks? 1 month max?

The tris are a bit different because they are medically recognised as being very different and they are also 3 months long! Babies are only considered 'newborn' for a month!

I just think perhaps make baby club your base and be those people who answer questions to new mamas and what not, the forum is what you make it x

Do you think a 0 - 3 or 6 month section would be better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->