ATTENTION ADMINS! - Re - Newborn club/Section

But where does it stop?

If we separate all the ages into three month blocks, it's just going to be ridiculous!

Babies develop at different stages anyway, and some people wean really early and some babies do this n that early (like j started teething at 12 weeks for example)

I don't think a 0-3 section would be better, I think that baby club is adequate for the first year ;)

I don't think a newborn section is needed at all.
Like it's been said you only need it for a month max and you also do find you'll need and want people that have been there done that so try can give you advice on sleeping feeding etc.
Baby club is not a big, scary and unwelcoming place and posts rarely get ignored.

No I dont think is any benefit to a 0-6 club I think baby club is all that is needed.

If you want to stay with the same ladies set up a parenting group.

I absolutely feel this forum has enough sections LOL

I mean it's going to be a lot of work for admin to just create a new section that people will use for what, 4 weeks? 1 month max?

The tris are a bit different because they are medically recognised as being very different and they are also 3 months long! Babies are only considered 'newborn' for a month!

I just think perhaps make baby club your base and be those people who answer questions to new mamas and what not, the forum is what you make it x

Do you think a 0 - 3 or 6 month section would be better?

I think it is a great idea!! Hope it works out for you ladies..
XOXOOX :hugs::hugs:

We could start a list of those who'd like to be in a newborn group and start our own group within Baby Club? X

I'm going to set up a poll...
Thankyou everyone for your input!

Scratch that... I don't think I can add a poll

https://www.babyandbump.com/parenting-groups/

I think this area is our best bet! x

I don't agree, there's lots of us who already find baby club hard enough as there some kids who develop slower etc, I don't think it needs segregated.

Why dont you guys start a Newborn Support thread in Baby club? That way if people want to ask question specifically for newborns they will have a place but it wont be as segregated as a group so your more likely to get input from older mamas x

I agree with the newborn club, it is a great idea !!

Wobbles has posted here :) https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/873205-leaving-third-tri-3.html#post15419010

Put it this way, the preemie and special needs parents also use baby club, it'd be pretty harsh on us if we had to be reminded how exactly "behind" in age they are in areas! It would be even more unwelcoming.

Thanks AG and Wobbles

Think you just need to set up your own parenting group if your just wanting to stick together and dont want to meet other mums (whos babies have gone thru exactly what your babies will be going thru, so they are able to help.) If you set up a group in BC it will just get moved to the parenting group section anyway :shrug:

BC is mainly full of 0-6 month babies anyway, after that they change and grow up so quickly that before you know it your in the toddler section anyway! :haha:

I know this has become quite a conterversal request, but having just had my first baby, I really think a Premmie and Newborn section would be very helpful, especially with the stickies at the top.

I have found that although BC is really good and I am reading and using it, there is certain things about having a Newborn, especially your first that is different to when you feel slightly more confident as a parent and you've gotten to know your baby a lot better.

So far I am kinda using the Breast feeding section as a kinda newborn club, mainly cause the issues of Breast feeding happen in the first couple of weeks while your are establishing.

Sorry to go on, I know that this thread was started from my origninal post, and I wasn't too sure that it was a good idea but after having LO I think it is.

I moved straight into baby club when Fin arrived 17 months ago and honestly I found it fine... yes it can get heated in there and there are a LOT of strong opinions but the support and help was spot on regardless of the age of my baby xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->