Auditory Processing Disorders

I have to admit to having gone to google to find out what APD is - my son has ANSD and I wondered if it was related, but appears to be different. Sorry that I can't help :hugs:

I Have No Idea About This Sorry,
But Due To My Daughters lack of vision,he hearing is more accute and she is very sensitive to noise
x

Auditory processing disorder is when there is nothing physically wrong with a child's hearing, but they have difficulty processing noise and can sometimes appear as if they have a hearing loss. If you google it, i'm sure you will be able to find lots of information :)

Hi, I'm a speech language pathologist and work with children with auditory processing disorders. An auditory processing disorder means that a person has difficulty understanding and comprehending language. There is nothing wrong with their ears, they hear language fine, but have difficulty taking what they hear and applying it meaningfully, especially with long, complex auditory information. Think of going to a foreign country where you know just a little of the language and listening to natives speak. You can hear all of the words but have trouble comprehending the meaning behind them. You may pick up key words and try to piece together meaning, as do people with auditory processing disorders. You may also try to rely on visual cues, body language, etc to assist in processing and understanding auditory information. I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, feel free to let me know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->