Autism

Kelz22

Reaction score
My 3 year old son has just been dignosied with autism.There has been signs for the last year and a half or so but we finally are getting some where.Any other mums have any advice or storys?Im getting information sent out about it all and a chance to go to parent training for it.

Hey hun, asdfriendly forum is a great support you will find it via google, loads of ASD mums, lots of advice and support is out there in the right places. Sending :hugs:

Hello! My 3yo hasn't been diagnosed with autism at this point, but I wanted to offer lots of hugs to you and your kiddo. I benefitted so so much from the classes that were offered to me - one on encouraging toddler speech for non-verbal kids, one on behaviour, and one on eating for kids with sensory issues. Our day to day life improved so much. x

Thanks :) Hugs to you and your LO too. That sounds really great.Im going to look into that.

Hi, my son has autism - he was diagnosed at 3. Is it the earlybird programme they are sending you on? If so it was quite useful and was nice to meet parents in a similar situation. My son is quite severe - non verbal (although making effort to talk now :thumbup:, he is not yet toilet trained - he is 6. The extent of how and the way autism affects a child varies greatly from child to child.

I wont lie and say it is easy, but it really does depend on how he is and what help is available to you. He goes to a special - autistic specific school, and the people there are amazing. He also goes to weekend/holiday club, which gives us 6 hours of respite approx one Saturday a month and a day a week during the holidays.

My advice is to take all the help that is available and use partner/relatives for support as it can be really hard work sometimes. If there's any advice I can give or you just want to vent then feel free to message me. :hugs:xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->