Autumn and Winter 2011 babies...Come on in!

Hi Sweet Alida - welcome! Your little girl is gorgeous! Sorry to hear you're so exhausted bless you - you've got a lot on

my baby started off high and is now very low but she does turn round every couple of weeks to a new position - I suppose she'll be too big to move that much soon!

I had a ton more energy just a few weeks ago. I think everyday this baby gets heavier! LOL! I hope she is a big chunky monkey when she arrives so I'm just trying to think positive! I don't want another little beanie to bring home....Alida was so tiny only 4lbs 12 oz when she came home!

Welcome Sweet Alida! You have a sweet little girl. How adorable! I'm EXHAUSTED! I've rarely gotten any sleep so it's been hard for me to function. Amelia is VERY low and lying on my lower back and bladder. I'm having a tough time walking. It kinda hurts. I think this is normal, but I'll be talking to the perinatologist on Friday to be sure.

Welcome again! :hugs:

Hello ladies!

Welcome Sweet Alida! I hope everyone is doing well and that the weather isn't getting them too down.

My last appointment was on Friday but I just don't spend that much time on the computer on any given day if I can help it. My blood pressure is staying normal at 108/70 but in the last week and a half I lost the 1 pound I had gained the week before. I just don't get it since I was actually managing to eat more as the baby has dropped but there you go.

37 weeks tomorrow and there is still so much do be done. With the lovely storm we had coming and then its arrival, we have actually done some baby prep! Friday we bought a storage cabinet to put baby's things in since we didn't have anything at all for that. Yesterday I cleaned out the space in our room were the cabinet and bassinet need to go, put the cabinet together, and worked on the mountain of laundry we had. Kind of over did it, actually but I am taking it much easier today. My lower back was in pain off and on for a few hours but stopped once I really rested from doing things.

We still need to get the old baby stuff out: clothes, bassinet, breast pump stuff, get sheets, etc. and wash everything. Buying the car seat will probably be a last minute item but we should be fine for everything else and OH can take care of that even if I am at the hospital.

My doctor is on vacation until the 11th and my due date is the 20th so I hope the little waits until she gets back. I will be seeing the midwife for my next two appointments but it hardly seems like I should be this far along already.

ciarhwyfar

YAY. Almost there. I've been kind of having rage and depression. Trying to keep watch of it. Today I've been nesting....or should I say dictating what needs to get done. :wacko: Since when have I been in a marriage that's a dictatorship?! :shrug:

Anyhoo...we got Amelia's furniture up....are waiting for her glyder and I've started washing her clothes including her cloth diapers (which need several washing to be absorbent for when she comes. Lots more to do...it drives me NUTS to see dust and dirt on the woodwork trim. NOT a fan of it, so we'll be doing that. I have to change the shower curtain so it looks nice. mop the floors dust the bookcases, get our room situation and cleaned AGAIN....I need to clean the porch after the guys did our roof. Oh how I LOATHE an unsettled house! :wacko:

My shower in on Sat. SO out of my comfort zone but we're appreciative about it all. I'll be at ease when it's over there. I'm just not one for being center of attention. Makes me cringe!

Good to hear your bp is good and that your doing alright. I can't WAIT to see a pic of the baby. :happydance: :hugs:

hey ladies

Hope the weather wasnt too bad for you US girls! Sounds like you got a lot done ciarhwyfar and MA

Not sure I'd feel about a shower MA - dont think Id be too keen either :) theyre not much a tradition here yet so I should get away with it!

I had a crapy weekend just cos we moved house and had both houses to sort out and instead of being able to get on with it we had my crappy sil and bil staying with us (uninvited) and they lazed about being very annoying and selfish all weekend - dh had to work a lot which left little old me and too too much to do - so on monday I just sat and cried and cried and luckily my parents and my good friend came and helped me out - thank goodness for them

soo onwards and upwards hopefully a better week lies ahead!

:flower:

hey ladies

Hope the weather wasnt too bad for you US girls! Sounds like you got a lot done ciarhwyfar and MA

Not sure I'd feel about a shower MA - dont think Id be too keen either :) theyre not much a tradition here yet so I should get away with it!

I had a crapy weekend just cos we moved house and had both houses to sort out and instead of being able to get on with it we had my crappy sil and bil staying with us (uninvited) and they lazed about being very annoying and selfish all weekend - dh had to work a lot which left little old me and too too much to do - so on monday I just sat and cried and cried and luckily my parents and my good friend came and helped me out - thank goodness for them

soo onwards and upwards hopefully a better week lies ahead!

:flower:

Praise God for friends and family when you really need them! \o/ Looking forward to seeing updates on the new place. :thumbup: Then soon baby will be along to fit right in...in due time of course!:winkwink::cloud9:

Hi there.

Weekly appointments aren't exactly making it more real when one has lost all sense of time. :rofl:

Everything is still good. The midwife says the cervix is soft but that is about it. I think that I should still have a week or two, knock on wood. It will be a bit better for us to have that time and the doctor will have time to come back from her vacation in Italy. Guess we will see.

Finished crocheting a baby blanket for us and have one more I want to do. I also want to finish crocheting a baby doll for the 3 year old. Hope I find a good amount of motivation soon. Glad I got all of the bibs and booties I wanted to donate done earlier cause I wouldn't be making it now.

Mommy's Angel, try to remember you don't have to get everything done at once. We don't want you to have to worry about early labor. I find that I work in spurts so that I try to do everything at one time and then I over do it and the OH gets a bit unhappy with me. Luckily, I have most of the stuff I can do myself done at this point so it shouldn't be much of a problem but last weekend was a different story. :winkwink:

Rowan, sorry to hear about the family issues. Can't really do much about them, I am afraid. So glad that your parents and friend were able to help you out after.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Hi ladies,

So much to share but we needed rest after our shower and then that am we ended up in labor and delivery until 6am on Sunday. All is well though. I'll be back this week sometime to share pictures and update on everything.

So excited that we're getting closer and closer! :happydance:

Sorry I didn't get around to posting until now. I rather expect that there is a good chance that my next update post will have baby information in it.

My regular appointment was Wednesday. Blood pressure good, weight gain of a pound, and no problems. Midwife says that we are a "stretchy 2" cm and 50-70% effaced, up from a finger tip and 50% last week. My next appointment is Friday and I don't expect to make it though I could be surprised. At least my doctor is now back from Italy so I should have her when we do go in.

Still seems kind of surprising that we are right down to the end here. At least we have everything we need to start with and I got the bassinet all made up night before last. We picked up the bottles and breast pumping supplies so that we have all of that when we are ready as well. Too bad we can start that right away as OH loves to be able to feed the baby and stuff but have to get everything established first.

The extra good news is that he had a lot more time off accumulated that we thought he did and will be able to take the full six weeks of FMLA and get paid for it. He is actually the first male to take it at his work (the whole special ed department for the county) so that is kind of neat as well. Went up the whole chain of command and all it makes sure they did the paperwork correctly.

Kind of excited, kind of afraid. Still worried that something is going to go wrong at the last minute here though I figure most of that is because of the early loss we had in February last year. Guess I just worry too much.

Sorry I didn't get around to posting until now. I rather expect that there is a good chance that my next update post will have baby information in it.

My regular appointment was Wednesday. Blood pressure good, weight gain of a pound, and no problems. Midwife says that we are a "stretchy 2" cm and 50-70% effaced, up from a finger tip and 50% last week. My next appointment is Friday and I don't expect to make it though I could be surprised. At least my doctor is now back from Italy so I should have her when we do go in.

Still seems kind of surprising that we are right down to the end here. At least we have everything we need to start with and I got the bassinet all made up night before last. We picked up the bottles and breast pumping supplies so that we have all of that when we are ready as well. Too bad we can start that right away as OH loves to be able to feed the baby and stuff but have to get everything established first.

The extra good news is that he had a lot more time off accumulated that we thought he did and will be able to take the full six weeks of FMLA and get paid for it. He is actually the first male to take it at his work (the whole special ed department for the county) so that is kind of neat as well. Went up the whole chain of command and all it makes sure they did the paperwork correctly.

Kind of excited, kind of afraid. Still worried that something is going to go wrong at the last minute here though I figure most of that is because of the early loss we had in February last year. Guess I just worry too much.

Yay! Your almost there. :happydance: Worry after a loss is quite normal dear. Both Doug and I have been dealing with that as well. It's bitter-sweet but we can't WAIT to hold our little Amelia when she's here.

Doug is using his FMLA as well and is going in I think on Monday to set up the paperwork and make sure it's all done properly. My guess is he'll be out for 4 weeks and not 6 though. We'll see.

Oh, it dawned on my I haven't shared about the shower yet. I'll do that in a couple days.

I will share though that Friday proved to be interested. It was a 5hr long appointment. Amelia is still breech and everything we've tried she hasn't budged. I'm at peace that there is a reason she's not doing this. We are scheduled for October 6th for a c-section assuming there are no emergencies. My stitch was taken out on Friday. We're watching for contractions and were told to run to the hospital if we see any symptoms. My prayer is that she either turns before I go into labor OR she waits until the c-section date on the 6th. Amelia weighs in at 7lbs. I'm guessing maybe an 8 or 9lb baby by October.

I have SEVERE water retention in my lower abdomen. I have little water polyps throughout there and my pelvis feels like leather. I suppose that's the answer to why I'm hurting really bad and why my lower abdomen feels very heavy.:wacko: It's supposed to go away after we deliver. My feet, ankles and legs are swelling too. We're watching my blood pressure for pre-eclampsia but so far, all is well there. It's just water retention.

So right now, tentative schedule for c-section is October 6th assuming I don't go into labor while she's breech or have issues with pre-eclmapsia/the baby/or anything else.

Even with a section appointment nothing is set in stone. I'm learning about flexibility here. :rofl:

Can't WAIT to hear your birthing story and see the baby. :hugs::kiss::flower: I'm grateful for the good outcome for both of us. Praising God for such blessings.

Thanks for updating us dear friend!

Nearly there ciarhwyfar - hope everything goes really well for you and your LO :flower:

MA 91% there - crikey!! Youre doing so well :)

Thanks! She moved from breech to transverse again. :wacko: She's keeping me on my toes. I have a c-section date if she doesn't go head down. Just crazy. :lol:

My third and final little bundle has arrived. I don't have any of the pictures on the computer yet though. I will say that I never stopped worrying that something was going to go wrong all the way down to her being out and handed to me. After the mc in Feb 2010, I just couldn't be as carefree in a pregnancy. She is already a very important part of our family though, even to the three year old.

Details:
Gwyneth Holly Amberlyn Fox
13 September 2011
5:40 am
8 lbs 6 oz and 19 in
at 39 weeks.

That makes her my largest baby by almost a full pound and so glad she didn't wait that extra week. We spend extra time in hospital due to bad jaundice but everything should be fine now. She is nursing very well. Too well at times, ouch! :winkwink: I have a lot of resting I am needing to do and reassuring the three year old but my OH is home for his six week leave so I will be getting help.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! I LOVE the name and am SO EXCITED that she arrived safely and is in your arms. :happydance: What a blessing. Can't WAIT to see her! Get some rest and update when you can dear friend. Only 2wks for us and I can't WAIT. You've given me such excitement and warmth in my heart. Woohoo!

My third and final little bundle has arrived. I don't have any of the pictures on the computer yet though. I will say that I never stopped worrying that something was going to go wrong all the way down to her being out and handed to me. After the mc in Feb 2010, I just couldn't be as carefree in a pregnancy. She is already a very important part of our family though, even to the three year old.

Details:
Gwyneth Holly Amberlyn Fox
13 September 2011
5:40 am
8 lbs 6 oz and 19 in
at 39 weeks.

That makes her my largest baby by almost a full pound and so glad she didn't wait that extra week. We spend extra time in hospital due to bad jaundice but everything should be fine now. She is nursing very well. Too well at times, ouch! :winkwink: I have a lot of resting I am needing to do and reassuring the three year old but my OH is home for his six week leave so I will be getting help.

Awwwwwww many many congratulations :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Hello ladies.

Sorry it took so long but we finally found the missing camera. Things have been crazy around here with the new baby, moving house, and having gotten married.

I hope everyone else is doing well. Any new babies since mine?

Here are the promised pictures. From the hospital: https://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww110/ciarhwyfar/Munchkinette/DSCF1043-1.jpg

From today: https://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww110/ciarhwyfar/Munchkinette/DSCF1051-1.jpg

congratulations ciarhwyfar! Lovely pics - shes gorgeous and I Love the name :)

She's gorgeous!!!! :happydance:

I don't see where I updated so I'm going to post here:

Amelia Gabrielle Shearer arrived at 8:29am on Sept. 29th by c-section. The section over all went well but felt kind of odd being pulled. She came in weighing 8lbs 13oz's

She went up to NICU and they let her down two hours later only for her to go back up the following day because her sugars weren't stabilized. It became rough from there. NICU was only "open" during certain times. DURING those times you had to breastfeed or feed your baby. Amelia was learning to attach but has issues with peanut butter tongue...meaning her tongue goes to the roof of her mouth instead of lying at the bottom. So that made our time spent there much later and gave her less time to latch on and get food. All the while, we'd get downstairs eat and instead of sleeping, we'd go back up for her feeding times. It was awful seeing her on lead lines, being poked and prodded for testing. I was obviously emotional seeing it.

She was finally sent back to us but then they said she had jaundice. They wanted to keep her and we said okay, however the testing they did and then the light therapy left her without clothes on, cold, unswaddled and eyes always covered. By the last 6 hours she'd had it and so did we. It was horrifying to go through with our little one.

We came home on day 5 of our stay and life has been better. Amelia is latching on nicely, my milk has just come in and we're getting sleep when it comes. It's been better together at home where we all belong. We're enjoying being a family now! My cup runneth over with abundant joy.

Wanted to share a few pics with you all.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/Hisirishgem/IMG_0337.jpg The 1st time I saw my miracle baby.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/Hisirishgem/IMG_0362.jpgWelcome Amelia Gabrielle!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/Hisirishgem/IMG_0380.jpg Cute little one. I just love her more and more each day.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/Hisirishgem/IMG_0390.jpgAmelia's first hour in her bassinete.

As of now, I'm recovering from the incision, have contracted PUPPS rash from pregnancy. My abdomen is mishapen and my body has TONS of water retention in the abdomen especially that is now leaking like I broke water :giggle. I kept crying because I wondered if my body would look disfigured forever but have been told it will take time, but will get back to normal.

As I recover from the harder issues, I just keep looking at my daughter Amelia, my husband and our dogs and remember how blessed I am. My cup truly runneth over with abundant love!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->