Avalon

i'm so sorry for your loss. Avalon is such a beautiful name. :hugs:

I'm very sorry for what you have been through, and I think it is horrible that they didn't let you spend time with her.

They really don't know what will help/hurt you, so I think they should have let you decide what you wanted to do in that regard.

We had a professional from Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep do a photo shoot the night that Devon died. We got the cd of the photos back about 3 weeks ago, but I haven't looked at it yet... I'm just not ready to yet. But I am glad that I at least have that option. I was also allowed to hold her as long as I wanted, and we did a funeral for her as well. So although I don't think there is anything fortunate about this whole occurence, I am fortunate that I had that time with her while she was alive, after she died, and I have photos of her, her footprints, her receiving blanket and a hat she wore. I also have her birth/death certificate.

I am so sorry you don't have any of this, as I think it is so important.

Big :hug: to you, and I hope you are able to feel peace eventually.

I am so glad you are able to have those things of Devon. I wish I wasn't alone at the time. I felt rushed and couldn't think straight. There are so many things I wished I did. I really wished I had her cremated so she could still be with me. I know it sounds really morbid but it's something I really really regret. I do have a few pieces of jewelry with her name on it and a garden.

i'm so sorry for your loss. Avalon is such a beautiful name. :hugs:

Thank you. I loved the story of King Arthur as a girl and wanted to name my daughter Avalon ever since.

:hug:

I'm so sorry for your loss, and especially so at the 'experience' you had with it all too.
I really wish you and your lovely man all the best for the future and that you will soon have your own screaming baby in your arms...you deserve it

I am so sorry :cry: I read this since you shared the link on one of my threads. I am shocked at how insensitive the hospital you were at was. I was dissatisfied with mine for a few reasons but nothing compared to your experience.
The difference between our stories is my incompetent cervix could have...I mean should have been caught in time but wasn't. I had an ultrasound to see how far along I was and it showed a shortened cervix and they wanted to check it again but waited too long and it was completely funneled. I also had an emergency ultrasound when the nurse practitioner couldn't find a heartbeat. Baby was fine but the lady rushed through the ultrasound basically saw the heart working, measured beats per min and shooed me out the door. I can't help but wonder if that ultrasound was placed in our path so that they could see that it had started funneling.
Anyways I am truly sorry for your loss and how they treated you. I don't know if your baby was born alive or not, but my hospital said our baby would get a birth certificate since she was born alive. I saw your ticker saying it has been over 7 years, so I am sure things were probably different then but there is no excuse for being heart/soul less. :hugs:

So sorry for the loss of Avalon. I hope you get to hold your healthy born son in your arms :hugs:

I'm so sorry for the loss of your little girl. What a beautiful name Avalon, sleep tight angel. xxxxxx

:( so sad. my baby was 19 weeks lost 13th jan 2011 he came to early, after hour of pain he just whooshed out. no answers yet on pm:( i got pics and to see him dressed in a lovely blanket and mini moses basket, i was lucky enough to video the 14 week scan with my phone... :( miss him so much . soooooooo sorry for our losses

I'm sorry so many people have had to lose a child. It is very hard but it's easier to cope with in time. I'll never take any pregnancy or child forgranted. It kills me when I see other women that do. I hope we can all lean on each other for support and understanding, because no one knows what this is like unless you've been here. :hugs: all of us strong proud angel mothers.

I'm so sorry to read this. Thank you for sharing. I hope you have that much deserved baby in your arms very soon. Lots of love xxx

i am so sorry for your loss hun i just lost my baby lily at 22 weeks! we were called a late miscarriage also but i spoke to my local church and even though im not in the least bit religious the priest organised a little angels certificate for me with her name and the date etc so maybe you could do that to have something in her memory. i know its not the same as having her and burying her yourself but it might be nice to get a little plaque made up and place it somewhere special to you maybe on a loved ones grave or in a little garden! i know nothing can ever make up for the loss of your gorgeous little angel but you know she was here and theres no reason that the world has to ignore that either. you were treated very badly in my opinion hun i would look into that also ive never ever heard of a hospital doing that as even to take the baby you would have had to give consent and sign a form!!! hope you are doing ok and glad to hear you have a wonderful man!!! thinkin of you and Avalon xxx

i am so sorry for your loss hun i just lost my baby lily at 22 weeks! we were called a late miscarriage also but i spoke to my local church and even though im not in the least bit religious the priest organised a little angels certificate for me with her name and the date etc so maybe you could do that to have something in her memory. i know its not the same as having her and burying her yourself but it might be nice to get a little plaque made up and place it somewhere special to you maybe on a loved ones grave or in a little garden! i know nothing can ever make up for the loss of your gorgeous little angel but you know she was here and theres no reason that the world has to ignore that either. you were treated very badly in my opinion hun i would look into that also ive never ever heard of a hospital doing that as even to take the baby you would have had to give consent and sign a form!!! hope you are doing ok and glad to hear you have a wonderful man!!! thinkin of you and Avalon xxx

We have a flower garden with a plaque with her name inscribed on it in our yard. You're right, even if the world doesn't acknowledge her, she's mine. I think she looking over me and her baby brother. My husband bought me a necklace with her name engraved on a pendant and talks about her like she's his. :cloud9: I'm so sorry you lost Lily. I'm glad your church is giving you an angel certificate. That's so kind of them to do. I'm not religious either.

We have a flower garden with a plaque with her name inscribed on it in our yard. You're right, even if the world doesn't acknowledge her, she's mine. I think she looking over me and her baby brother. My husband bought me a necklace with her name engraved on a pendant and talks about her like she's his. :cloud9: I'm so sorry you lost Lily. I'm glad your church is giving you an angel certificate. That's so kind of them to do. I'm not religious either.

thats a beautiful way to remember her!!! theres also a gorgeous website its alexandrasangelgifts.co.uk they ship all over the world they have some fantastic things you can personalise to remember her also. she will always be your little angel and she'll never be forgotten and we will all be thinkin of her here too!!! even though im not religious ill be glad to have something with her name on it. your husband sounds like an absolute hero and what a lovely man youre very lucky it makes all the difference :) hugs to all of you and your little baby boy.. he's very lucky to have his own guardian angel! xxxx

thats a beautiful way to remember her!!! theres also a gorgeous website its alexandrasangelgifts.co.uk they ship all over the world they have some fantastic things you can personalise to remember her also. she will always be your little angel and she'll never be forgotten and we will all be thinkin of her here too!!! even though im not religious ill be glad to have something with her name on it. your husband sounds like an absolute hero and what a lovely man youre very lucky it makes all the difference :) hugs to all of you and your little baby boy.. he's very lucky to have his own guardian angel! xxxx

Thank you, I'm very lucky to have such a great guy, although I do want to kill him at times. This baby has come after 4 losses, 4 rounds of Clomid and 2 years of trying. Even though I've been very ill through this pregnancy, he is worth it. Thanks for being so supportive.

I'm so sorry for your loss...your story made me cry for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->