Average weight gain ?

lu-lu2009

Expecting a boy! 35 weeks
Reaction score
i'm a little worried as i weighed myself today at my local boots and was suprised that i have only put on 3 kilo's since first falling pregnant (im now 35 weeks). i feel HUGE tho and have tried not to over-eat as well as stuck to healthy things this time apart from occasional 'treats', the midwife has not mentioned anything about the babys growth. what is the average weight gain ??

I really don't think there is an average at all. This calculator thing gives you an estimate: https://www.babycentre.co.uk/tools/weightgain/ but the thing is, did you use that Boots machine before you fell pregnant? Because you can vary dependent on time of day, type of scales etc. I've gained 28lbs but I know someone who has lost 12lbs! As long as all is well with baby and your midwife isn't concerned, I wouldn't spare a thought towards it.

I would imagine that as long as LO is doing well, it's fine! Less for you to lose later!

I really don't think there is an average at all. This calculator thing gives you an estimate: https://www.babycentre.co.uk/tools/weightgain/ but the thing is, did you use that Boots machine before you fell pregnant? Because you can vary dependent on time of day, type of scales etc. I've gained 28lbs but I know someone who has lost 12lbs! As long as all is well with baby and your midwife isn't concerned, I wouldn't spare a thought towards it.

that link says i should have put on 6.8 KG :shrug: no, i hardly ever weigh myself, i was just curious because i saw my nan today for the 1st time in a year and she said i dont even look pregnant, just a lil overweight like i always did (my nan says what she thinks :rofl: )

As long as DR's say baby growing fine all is well :)
First son I put on 2 stone,second 4 stone!!!( a LOT of water ).
This time its just over 2 stone again.

I have put on 1 stone. This is my 1st baby so not sure if that's about right or too much???

I have however still got my figure and have lost inches around my body. still have a waist.. actually i never HAD a waist before! LOL

bump feels huge, but that it.

xxxx

I'm not sure...... I thought it was between 15-35 pounds, but everyone is different. I know a girl who gained 60 lbs.... and someone else who lost weight.

Doesn't your doctor tell you when you have your regular check ups?

It seems like i've gained like 4 stone!!!

But I've actually only gained 12lbs, Small baby I think

My sister gained almost 41/2 stone :| and lost it all almost the second my niece was born. At my nieces Christening (when she was about 4 weeks old) My sister weighed less than before she got pregnant. I guess everyones different, I'm hoping I loose my weight as quick as her

Ive only put on 3lb then in last wk ive lost 2lb so i am only 1lb heavier then i was b4 pregnancy

I had only put on 1kg at 35 weeks hun and i think ive gained anoth 4kg since then in the last 5 weeks

Everyone is different, as long ur baby is measuring fine i wouldnt worry

i can understand your concern, im 31 weeks tomorrow, and i havent put on any yet, still the same weight as i was when i first got pregnant but i think i might have lost some in the first 20 weeks when i was really sick so the babys + placenta weight kept it even. Whoever i spoke to, the doctors and midwives have all told me that it has nothing to do with the baby's development so try not to worry xx

I have no idea how much weight I've put on, I never weigh myself and my midwife never has done either. I think I lost weight to start with because of the hoorendous morning sickness I had :(

Ive put on just under 3 stone (40lbs) doubt i will put any more on now though xx

I weighed myself today and have put on 2 stone so far! Weight gain is all down to each person. I can easily put on 7lbs going round Asda shopping!! With my first I put on 5 stone!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->