Avocado

missjess

Mummy of a prince
Reaction score
Does it have to be cooked? Can I give him uncooked?

No it doesn't have to be cooked. Sam loved it mixed with banana (sounds vile, I know :rofl:) x

You never ate raw avacado??? (you can cook it????) wow! I love the stuff!

Tom has it mashed with banana too and loves (loved it last time i tried) it.

I never really cooked it, I was just wondering if it was ok for babies to have it raw since they say you have to cook lots of things... :blush:

Sorry if I sounded a bit ''blond'' lol :lol:

I never really cooked it, I was just wondering if it was ok for babies to have it raw since they say you have to cook lots of things... :blush:

Sorry if I sounded a bit ''blond'' lol :lol:

I was just thinking that was probably what you meant as I guess I've cooked loads of things for Sam that I'd never cooked in my life before - boiling apples and things :rofl: I think it's just for the softness though, and it's nicely squashy anyway x

Hayden loves banana and avocado too...too bad he can't tolerate ANY avocado and very little banana :(

But like the other girls said, no cooking, just mash it up, I added some breastmilk to thin it out at first

I've tried it by itself and Alasdair didn't like it but I'm going to try it with banana next time.

I was told that avocado and papaya were the 2 things you didn't have to cook but I'm guessing you don't cook banana or mango either! (and probably loads of other stuff)

https://www.homemade-baby-food-recipes.com/fruits-and-vegetables-for-baby.html

This website explains the fruits and veggies that needs cooking or not.

It should be just fine uncooked. Mashing it makes it easier for them to eat. Hunter didn't like Avocado when he was younger. But now he likes it in an omlete with tomatos and other veggies. Its pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->