avoiding a boozy crimbo??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blu10

Reaction score
We are having my parents over for Christmas lunch and then going to visit DHs family for a few days afterwards. I have just found out that Im pregnant again and dont really want anyone know as its very early days but Im also a crappy liar. Any ideas how i can refuse alcohol and sound believable?? Thanx

I'm prone to bacterial tonsillitis so I would say I'm finishing up anti biotics for it and don't want to mix with them. Probably not the most original but totally plausible!

i'd say antibiotics or medication too

congratulations

:flower:

I'd say about the antibiotics or that you aren't feeling 100%.

Oh and congratulations!

I'm in the same boat but I never really drink at family events- being drunk around the 'grown ups' still seems inappropriate :haha:

You could say you're just not feeling too well? Or that you have a bad mouth ulcer or something?

I'd use the excuse I am driving and letting OH drink (no good if you don't drive). I actually fell pregnant with both my girls in lead up to Christmas and I did have the odd drink (i didn't know I was pregnant until New Year's Day) Not that I am advising drinking in ANY way, if I had known then I would NOT have had any.

We're just starting ttc so I'm not drinking. I plan to say to my family (who we'll just be seeing for 1 day) that I've indulged a bit too much the past few nights so I'm having a day off to clear my head (makes me sound like a right boozer, I'm really not :haha:). For my OH's family who will be down for a week I plan to just have a glass of wine and not drink it, I don't think anyone will pay that much attention so I'll just go to the kitchen now and then and pour a bit away.
The calorie idea is a good one- you could say that you've totally indulged and now you're trying to cut back, so you're forgoing alcohol in favour of chocolate :)

I've done the whole, had a drink but not actually drink it, every so often lift it up, or don't fill it too much and slowly fill it.. Lol and where you can get oh to drink some.
Driving is a good excuse if you are out and have to drive

To me the antibiotics one is completely transparent! I either drink non alcoholic wine or do one of the above ideas and pretend to drink it. I was newly pregnant with my eldest around Christmas time and I accepted a glass of wine but just didn't drink it

I don't really drink now because of the children. Can you not just say that?

Antibiotics doesn't work in my family because we always ask the dr for antibiotics you can drink with if its Christmas/birthday etc. (we aren't alcoholics honestly :rofl:) there is only a very small amount you can't actually drink with.

Don't think I'd get away with it with my parents. When I was very early pregnant with k I went out for a friend's birthday and drank non alcoholic cocktails and nobody noticed! Maybe make your own and pretend it's vodka/coke but it's actually just coke.

Thanks everyone ☺
Im not a big drinker 2 glasses of wine would be my limit if I wasnt pregnant but not keen to have anything at all now I know. Antibiotics could be a bit see through with my parents so I may have to develop a horrible headache overnight!! Have a wonderful christmas x

Congratulations on your pregnancy!
I got pregnant this time shortly before a special family birthday. No-one actually commented on the fact that I wasn't drinking, but my pre-prepared "excuse" was that I'd overdone it a bit om a night out with friends.

I think if you only usually have a couple of glasses anyway, if you are offered one just accept it and don't drink it as others have said :) x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back