avoiding a boozy crimbo??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you just pretend to drink? I went to a hen party when know one knew. Just bought one drink and held it a lot lol.

Congratulations!

I am in a similar situation. Not pregnant but on medication that's not compatible with alcohol. I'm not really ready to explain this to my family as it will only lead to more questions so I'll be pretending to drink too! I'm sure everyone else will be so busy enjoying their own booze they won't notice ;)

Congratulations, and to you too Emy!

We're TTC and i'm in tww now so going to try not to drink as much as I normally would. My family know I like to drink over Xmas so i'm probably going to say I just want to take it easy as i'm wanting to detox in the new year.

Iv used every excuse in the book. Easiest one is that im driving but one that was easy enough was to just pretend I was drinking but always make my own drinks.

Christmas is one of my favorite times to booze it up, around the grown ups and all (I'm a much more responsible drinker than most of them!) my family didn't drink growing up, but DH's family does, so it's a place I can drink and feel comfortable.

This Christmas, I'm pregnant again. I was the Christmas before last too. I have to time this better....LOL.

But, if I wasn't, maybe they don't have anything to your liking so just "sip" a glass all night? My husbands family love sweet wine, I despise it, I like my wine as dry as it gets. So if I don't bring my own, I get a glass of sweet wine, I'd only sip it. LOL. I also don't do beer.

Yeah I'd "sip" a glass all night, say you have to drive/take care of kids/get up early, so you aren't indulging too much.

I would make my own, get juice and say it has rum in. But we all drink quite a lot in my family and literally 2 days after i got a bfp i refused a drink and mil was like 'you're pregnant!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"