avoiding dairy

PrayerfulHope

Mom of 2
Reaction score
So little one has mucousy poo, not seedy so last Monday i started to cut dairy out of my diet, as I've read that it is the most common allergy.
Anyway I have been avoiding all of the most common and obvious milk products, milk cheese butter ice cream, but what about everything else? like when you look at a package of food and listed under the allergens it says "milk" as one of them.. (usually along with things like soy or peanuts etc) do I HAVE to avoid all of those as well?
Her only symptom is the mucous poo... it's still yellow just not seedy anymore.. (4 weeks old)

Are you sure its mucusy? Its quite normal for LOs to have the seedy bits vanish from their poo; and some babies never have them. My LO has the still yellow but mucusy poo (its like 100% mucus, ugh) but when I have a lot of citrus fruits/juices, when I have dairy his poo is either wholly green or has a lot of dark green bits and is a weird burnt orange colour, has a lot of mucus in and also a lot of blood spots. If this is the only symptom (no rashes, gassy tummy et al) and the poo is not bloody or otherwise, I'd ask a doctor about whether it is necessary to cut out dairy; because dairy is quite valuable to your diet. If it is decided you should eliminate dairy for many people just cutting out obvious dairy; such as milk, butter, cheese, ice cream and yoghurt, is enough. But, if this doesn't help there are hidden dairy cheat sheets online such as here you may also have to eliminate soya as its similar to milk protein xx

Yes there is mucous in her poo, it's not all mucous but there is some in there and I can tell she's uncomfortable. She has some gas, but it's made worse when I pump and bottle feed and since we do that daily so mom has a little break it's hard to tell.

If her poo doesn't get better by next week I'll ask the doc about the mucous and the dairy, since it is really important, but I know it can take 2-3 weeks for the milk protein to come out of her system completely.

It can take up to 6 weeks in some cases. Bear in mind though that sometimes it is something else causing the problem, so if you don't see a big improvement after 4-5 days of eliminating, then it probably isn't dairy related. The gas being worse when bottle feeding could be due to maybe not quite enough of the fattier milk in the mix of things? It can be hard when expressing to get enough hindmilk out xx

At first Clara's pediatrician said just obvious dairy was enough, but when it didn't make a difference I had to give up ALL dairy. It really sucked but was worth it and she outgrew the milk protein intolerance by 5 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->