avoiding excess weight gain. what have you ate today?

tulip2002

Reaction score
Im starting to feel lumpy this week im only 19 weeks and have gained 5lbs although i think maybe thats not alot but its definitely not 5lbs of pregnancy!! Didnt help partner was on break with work and we ate more than a few takeaways which is a rare thing that we do only when hes on holidays from work. I dont eat take aways or eat out at all any other time. I would like to eat better as was kinda overweight before preg and bmi 27. Anyone have a meal planner or what have u ate today? Today ive had a bowl of bran flakes a chicken burger and a ham butty. And i'll prob have another butty later as like butties maybe to much bread i assume. What have you gained so far as my weight gain so far was purly on 2 weeks of chocolate and take away food. Maybe i will lose a couple pounds now i aint doing that?

5lbs by 19 weeks doesnt sound like alot at all! I am 16 weeks and have had a rough time in 1st trimester so I lost 2lbs but I think it came back already without me really eating alot. With my last pregnancy I was the same and gained most of my weight in the 3rd trimester. I am trying to eat nutritious food for the baby but I always have to have something sweet at least once a day (usually afternoon and evening) and have also been craving ice cream.

Here's what I had so far today:

-Morning - shake with kefir, banana, strawberries, blueberries, hemp protein powder
-Lunch #1- chicken liver sauteed with onions, avocado
-Lunch #2/Snack - rye bread with butter, manchego cheese, cup of chicken stock with an egg yolk

Ideally, I'd follow the Weston A Price pregnancy diet but its a little tough so I try to incorporate the foods from that list as much as I can.

I started to do slimming world from home, my sister lent me her books and now I just Google for recipes, I've just made a journal in the weight loss forum section just so I can keep track of what I'm eating x

I'm having gestational diabetes for the second time and carbs really make me feel ill. I don't know where I've got GD from as it's not in my family and I'm not of the ethnic groups that most commonly have it. I'm also in the healthy BMI zone so I chalk it up to just being really sensitive to sugary carby foods. So I've gained 11 pounds with these twins @ 17 weeks. I'm ok with it because I feel good overall. I like paleo-style diets, I eat my protein first then veggies and if there's carb on my plate it gets eaten last. If I have a fruit and haven't eaten in hours the sugar makes me barfy.

Breakfast was 1/2 a tuna spinach Subway salad
Lunch was the other half
Dinner was chicken mushroom casserole (with veggies and cream of mushroom soup) snack was 2 kiwi fruit.

:haha:Thi post made me feel like a fat frog

I woke up had some toast, cup of decafe tea, then i had a bar of chocolate and a share bag of chrisps and soon enough im making a bacon sandwitch :D and thats all before 12 hehe

Ive gained about 4-5lbs this pregnancy, i make sure to add in fruit and veg daily, take vitiams when i remember to!

Ive never been on a diet, i tried once and all i thought about was food, i ended up gaining weight lol I tend to eat when im hungry and eat what i feel like eating, drinking lots of water in the middle and keeping busy so im not eating out of being bored, i watch what i eat, as in when its cooking i make sure it doesnt burn xD Im in the middle bit of a healthy BMI zone if that changed id probably exercise more and keep my diet the same, its varied from a salad one night to a take out the next, thinking about it i couldnt be very healthy if you put me in a lab and tested but sure, id rather give into a craving a be happy!

Oh the other thing, when i want to lose weight i pick out the top 3 unhealthy habbits and drop two of them, for excample... Few years back i had a beer or two at nights before bed while watching telly with the OH, I replaced beer with tea and lost 14lbs without doing anything else at all! I kept eating the same as i had been and exercising as erm.. little as i had been lol so with added effort i woulda lost more, but then back to thinking about not being allowed foods, makes me want them more!

I gained 5 lbs in the first 4 weeks!! Granted last time I had gained 25 by 25 weeks, but then everything slowed down and I only gained 10 more the whole rest of the time.

I'm having trouble staying away from carbs. They're so desirable right now. I've had a bagel and cream cheese today.

Breakfast was veggies, chicken & rice bowl from costco. The rice was too carby and I was over the toilet but managed not to barf. Snack was an apple with peanut butter.
Dinner will be a salad with chicken cordonblue from Costco. I've felt so lazy lately, can't seem to cook for myself :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->