awake/sleep times

ryder

Mum to Jasmine & Peyton
Reaction score
How often and how long does your LO stay awake for? Just wondering out of curiosity!

Do you find being awake in the day or evening helps them sleep better or worse etc???

At that age, Hannah slept the majority of the time. We never really bothered with trying to keep her up. Did make sure it was light during the day and there were daytime noises etc. and set a night time routine. But she never had her days and nights mixed up so it wasn't that hard. As she's gotten older she's started staying awake more on her own....

hey we make sure lil man does nap for longer than 1.30hr in the day and even if we just wake him play for half an hour change nappy and the bottle and back down. it helps his learn to keep his longer sleep for night time :) XXXX

lol, vickie, i didnt mean force her to stay awake! She is awake sometimes for up to 2 hours in the morning... I was just wondering what others LOs did.

i let ali sleep as much as he wants during the day. he likes to sleep!!!
he still sleeps from 9pm to 6-7am every night. i believe the more sleep they get the more they will need!!!!! it is like us, we can get used to surviving on very little and is guess the same will go for babies.....

once he is awake at say 7am he gets a bottle and then sleeps again until 9-10 am. he then naps several times through the day between bottles and playing.

Christine
XXX

I have read that the more sleep a baby gets during the day, the better they sleep at night as they won't be overtired & fighting it. Jack is a lot older than your LO, but he still has 2-3 naps a day of about 30 mins, although if in the sling he has slept for up to 2 1/2 hrs!! He tends to get tired after being up for around 2 1/2- 3hrs & will get grumpy & rub his eyes etc, so I know he is ready for a sleep.

when Oscar was 2 weeks old he slept most the time. At night time he slept very well, he would get up every 3 hrs for a feed but would go straight back to sleep. I found that keeping the room as dark as possible and not talking to him helped him learn that night time (when it is dark) is for sleeping. Had a few accidents mind you when changng his nappy in the dark :lol:

Now he is older he wont sleep at night unless the light is off and the room is dark. I wonder if he will carry this on into childhood or if he will change his ways as his imagination grows hummmm!?!

Hannah slept a lot until she was a month old and than she never slept :rofl: and now she's back to sleeping a lot :wacko:

chloe spent her first 2 weeks asleep- due to her being forced out early I think!! Now she has 3 naps of 30mins to 1 hour during the day, she goes to sleep about 9pm for an hour, has bottle then goes back to sleep til 8am. She's got herself into that routine, like Vickie her daytime naps are in the light and quite noisey- tv, washing machine, hoover etc!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->