away on monday - won't take a bottle

_Lexi_

Mummy to 1 perfect angel and a 6yr old daughter
Reaction score
My oh has paid for me to go on a spa day with my mum on monday. Jessuca is now refusing a bottle of ebm. I was a bridesmaid at a wedding in september and my mum had her all day and she took a bottle fine. I was then a bridesmaid again in november, and whilst I was getting hair/make up etc done, she had a bottle. So it's not that she hasn't had one before. I pumped 4oz earlier and oh tried, she just got frustrated then cried, then screamed. Just couldn't work out what to do anymore. Guessing I have to throw the 4oz away now?? How can I leave her for a day if she won't take a bottle? She hasn't got to grips with a sippy cup so can't try that. Just want it to be stress free as possible. My oh is easily stressed and I'm now worried about going. It's been booked for months but she can't not have milk??

Have u tried different types of sippy cups? Im no expert lol. Would be a shame if ur relaxing day was ruined by worrying :-(

Ive also heard if a baby gets THAT hungry they will take the bottle!

She just throws cups about, doesn't really understand to drink from them. It's like she's just completely forgotten what to do with a bottle. The more stressed she gets, the more she fights it. Just don't see how I can leave her :( x

Chances are your LO will take a bottle if she gets thirsty enough. You could also leave out sippy cups that your OH can try when you are away. He can hold it for her. Or if worse comes to worse he could try spoon feeding her the milk

Have u tried different types of sippy cups? Im no expert lol. Would be a shame if ur relaxing day was ruined by worrying :-(

Ive also heard if a baby gets THAT hungry they will take the bottle!

I would have him try before she gets hungry. Have him squirt a little milk from the nipple on her lips so she knows what it is. She'll figure it out. And at 6 months she can go a good 4 hours no issue without milk. There is always syringe or spoon feeding if worse comes to worse, it'll be ok

She wouldn't take a bottle. Was having a lovely time then had constant messages from oh about how she wouldn't take it. He then started sending me photos of her crying :( needless to say we left early because I was getting upset with him guilt tripping me :( x

Really? He couldn't cope for a bit longer? Poor you I'm sorry you missed out a bit.

Awww no :-( sorry he did that! After he booked the day for u as well! Maybe in a couple of months time u could try again x

Just going to keep trying various bottles/cups etc. Hopefully she'll take one. We're meant to be going for a weekend away in february and leaving lo with my mum :( x

I give LO at least 2 bottles a week since 5 weeks as I need him to continue to take them for when I go back to work. What are the intervals between offering a bottle?

How selfish of your OH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->