Awful abscess in mouth - What to eat?

C

Ceejay123

Can anyone think of any foods that are okay to eat or soothing? I have an awful abscess which is making my entire jaw throb :( My whole throat hurts to the point it's difficult to swallow!

I'm entertaining the thought of cold soup! Which sounds icky, but I'm getting desperate. I've barely eaten in three days now. ! Amazing diet plan :haha:

No food will soothe an abcess hun....only antibiotics then get the problem sorted out.

so yep soup is probably the only thing really.

Oil of Cloves is good for toothache though :)

I have a dental appointment for Monday :) Although with you mentioning antibiotics.. im wondering if it should be doctors? Its on my gum, not attached to the tooth thankfully x

I would say if the pain is really bad you should get an emergancy appt with the dentist, they have to see you within 24 hrs :) they will know which type of antibiotic to prescribe.

It is still the dentist you need hun they will give you antibiotics on prescription :)

I sympathise, it's awful pain isn't it :hugs:

It should start to go down pretty quick once you start the antibiotics though :thumbup:

xx

Aleve should get rid of the pain for now (at least it does for me when I have a mouth related issue).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->