awkward: belly hair??

Mrs Dragonfly

Raising our toddler
Reaction score
So embarrassed to be asking this but... since there's no such thing as tmi on bnb...

Anyone else noticing an increase in belly hair? I've always had some of a "happy trail" but it was more peach fuzzy than actual hair. Now I have enough of a line and hairs growing else wear it makes me want to go out and get waxed! Yikes, I sure hope I'm not alone with this.:shy:

So embarrassed to be asking this but... since there's no such thing as tmi on bnb...

Anyone else noticing an increase in belly hair? I've always had some of a "happy trail" but it was more peach fuzzy than actual hair. Now I have enough of a line and hairs growing else wear it makes me want to go out and get waxed! Yikes, I sure hope I'm not alone with this.:shy:

Hi, I have pcos so have a hairy belly anyway but it does seem to be getting worse :(

Maybe it has to do with the hormones? :shrug: Either way, I'm not too thrilled with a fuzzy tummy lol

I have a 'fuzzy' tummy to, had it for some time but ive had problems with hormone imbalances in the past but I just pluck it lol. when my eye brows need doing I just do belly at same time ( and tash occasionally :blush: )
gotta say being a gal can be a bit testing at times haha

xx

My stomach has always been hairless. Not even so much as a peach fuzz.

Now? Well... my entire belly is coated in really fine, white blonde (I'm a natural blonde) hairs about half an inch long :wacko: In a line above my belly button, those hairs are darker blonde. Below my belly button? I get thick, course, jet black hairs sprouting. I shave those... so I have a fuzzy belly with a bald patch :haha: I'm reluctant to shave the fine blonde ones in case it encourages thicker, coarser growth but I couldn't leave the male facial hair-like ones!! I also get those randomly on my chest.

Oh, pregnancy. Not quite the glamour all those movies had me fooled with...

:dohh:

That's what I worry about! I thought about waxing but what if my hair comes back all freaky, especially after pregnancy? :haha: Above my belly button is light but still a hint of color since I'm a brunette, but below my belly button I've got near black hairs! So strange.

mine did not really increase in pregnancy Ive always had a happy trail and I just waxed it with the green brazilian wax stuff that doesn't hurt as much never had a problem and it did not grow back funky.

Ugh, yes...I've always had some short light hairs below my belly button, but not very noticeable at all. But now that I'm pregnant, they're getting a bit darker and growing FAST! I pluck about 4 of the worst ones, but am nervous to commit to full on waxing. I think I'll just live with the problem until I'm done having babies, and then might consider laser after if they bother me (but I have a feeling I'll be so preoccupied with babies, I won't have time to worry about that kind of stuff like I normally would!)

uhhh Yes! I have those! I am a bit hairy anyway but siince I'm pregnant is even worse! on top of my belly button are blond ( although I'm brunette) and underneith are quite dark, even black! I try no to wax but I just pull the dark ones ( sorry for explicity )

I got this with my last pregnancy, and I'm sad to say it's happening again! I shave mine, no way am I going to the midwife and having her looking at my belly with it being all hairy! :haha:

My stomach has always been hairless. Not even so much as a peach fuzz.

Now? Well... my entire belly is coated in really fine, white blonde (I'm a natural blonde) hairs about half an inch long :wacko: In a line above my belly button, those hairs are darker blonde. Below my belly button? I get thick, course, jet black hairs sprouting. I shave those... so I have a fuzzy belly with a bald patch :haha: I'm reluctant to shave the fine blonde ones in case it encourages thicker, coarser growth but I couldn't leave the male facial hair-like ones!! I also get those randomly on my chest.

Oh, pregnancy. Not quite the glamour all those movies had me fooled with...

:dohh:

I was / am just like u.

Before pregnancy- no belly hair
Now (@pregnancy) - fine hair can be felt on belly

My question is - will it go away late one? Or is it here to stay forever?

It's still here for me at almost 26 weeks - I'm guessing it'll go away once baby is born and hormones regulate :)

Yes im monkey like! Some i wont shave at fear of how dark they may turn lol

Butterfly - Goodness I hope it goes away! From what I've read after massive googling it does:haha: I'm not sure it goes away soon enough though:haha: I pulled up my shirt and told DH I felt like a hairy ape and he was like "wow you are growing hair" I nearly cried! He felt bad lol

I've always had some light fuzz from my chest to my navel, and then some darker courser hairs from navel to pubic bone, but since getting pregnant the light fuzz has turned black. I bleach it when it really starts to bother me. My husband just thinks it's funny :p

You are not soon drangonfly! I got these hairs when I was pregnant with ds, a line of dark hairs from my belly button down to pubic bone! I made the mistake of shaving it first time round (which encourages more hair growth) and iv now had it since! It does get worse when pregnant though. It's so embarrassing but doesn't bother hubby! I was told after I shaved it that it would of probably gone after pregnancy but because I'd shaved it, it will always grow back!!!! Not sure how true this is but mines never gone :-( xx

The whole shaving will make it grow back thicker and darker is an old wives tale. Shaving is exactly the same as cutting a hair, just much closer to the skin. It will grow back exactly the same, just with a blunt edge instead of a tapered one which makes it FEEL more coarse.

I shaved mine first time I was pregnant, never had it before then. I still have it 5 years later :-( x

I got this with my first pregnancy, I am blonde and am usually hairless on my belly so it was just a bunch of peach fuzz for me, but I never shaved or waxed it and it went away pretty fast after I gave birth:)

I swear the hairs are getting darker!:haha: I was laying in bed rubbing my tummy down with bag balm to calm the itching and my tummy looks hairier... so tempted to wax it but it'll hurt a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->