Awkward Hubby! 3 Syllable Girls names?

bigbloomerz

Reaction score
So our first daughter has her first name and 2 middle names and then our surname. They are 3 syllables , 1 syllable, 3 syllables and then 1 syllable.

My Husband has decided that he wants (insists) that our second daughter has the same.

So not only can we not agree on a girls name (I like Eliza, he likes Melody) for a first name, we also cannot agree on the two middle ones either!

I'm fed up of people asking me if we have decided on names yet because its frustrating enough for me as it is! :cry:

I have an OCD husband lol. Help!

I did the syllables thing with mine too, although I wouldn't be meticulous about it if there were other names I liked. Would he compromise on just having the first name match syllable wise? If he won't budge, you could always insist you get to choose the names in that case.

I think Eliza is very pretty

I hope you can agree on a name you both like soon x

So our first daughter has her first name and 2 middle names and then our surname. They are 3 syllables , 1 syllable, 3 syllables and then 1 syllable.

My Husband has decided that he wants (insists) that our second daughter has the same.

So not only can we not agree on a girls name (I like Eliza, he likes Melody) for a first name, we also cannot agree on the two middle ones either!

I'm fed up of people asking me if we have decided on names yet because its frustrating enough for me as it is! :cry:

I have an OCD husband lol. Help!

Would you mind sharing your dd1's name? That might help to see what types of names you like and also if they "go".
Otherwise some girl names with 3 syllables:
Jessica
Rebecca
Kimberly
Allison
Michaela
Aveya
Nevaeh

1 syllable middle name options:
Rose, Mae, Rae, Raine, June, Skye, Hope, Faith, Anne, Joy, Gail, Brett, Grace, etc.

Something like Melody Skye Eliza sounds nice or Melody Hope Eliza
You still have tons of options, I particularly like 3-syllable girl names anyways but perhaps a 2-syllable middle name.

My name is 3 syllables…Geralyn pronounced (Jer-a-lyn)

I think that sounds like a fun challenge! Don't stress over baby naming!! This is a fun experience that you will only get to do a few times in life!! Enjoy the process!! I never understand when I ask pregnant women about baby names and they seem to get pissy!! LOL. Baby name searching is my favorite hobby!! :winkwink: When I was preggo, I wanted to talk baby names 24/7!! Hell, even when i'm NOT preggo - I LOVE talking baby names!! :thumbup:

Since he has the syllable requirement - you get your 1st choice name. Sounds like a fair compromise to me!!

So --

Eliza (1 syllable name) Melody (surname)

Eliza Rose Melody
Eliza Hope Melody
Eliza Skye Melody
Eliza Jade Melody
Eliza Grace Melody
Eliza Shea Melody
Eliza Mae Melody
Eliza Lee Melody
Eliza Lynn Melody

3 syllables:
Madeleine
Elodie
Savannah
Aurora
Aleisha
Sophia
Amelie
Lillia
Rosalie
Everley

1 syllable:
Rose
Joy
Grace
Sky
Hope
Mae/May
Faith

He just won't budge on the Eliza lol. I Love Elodie too MUMOF5, but he wont have that either, Yet he likes Melody?! haha.

If I dont laugh, i'll cry!

our dd1 has Hope as her middle name, so I would like to use Faith maybe for dd2. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll keep nagging haha.x

I would tell DH if he has to be so OCD about the syllables you get Eliza in there somewhere :haha: I like the idea of Faith in there some where too to go with DD1's middle name Hope :)

I had a huge list as Jade needed a 3 syllable middle name lol

Sophia
Amelie
Abigail
Annabell
Katherine
Bethany
Lorenna
Keziah

I think Amelie is so cute, but bit too similar to my name. x

I'll put in another vote for Abigail, I think it's a beautiful name :)

I like Abigail too, Abbie for short :) Hubby doesnt though, obviously, I mean why would he, he doesnt like any I do! lol x

Both of my girls have 3 syllables also. Lorelai rose and Annabelle Louise. If we have another girl her name may be Madeleine Ann but I also like Katherine :shrug:

Nicola
Thalia
Alexa

Crikey - good luck - it's tough... I do really like Abigail and Jessica from other suggestions. They're just a bit more common... and if he likes Melody ;) xx

Both of my girls have 3 syllables also. Lorelai rose and Annabelle Louise. If we have another girl her name may be Madeleine Ann but I also like Katherine :shrug:

Our eldest little girl Is Lorelei Hope :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->