[B] I really need some advice please [/B]

klouise1993

Reaction score
I found out I was 9 weeks pregnant about 3 weeks ago me and my partner was sooo thrilled we was planning everything like what their bedroom would be like that sort of stuff you know maybe we gave our hopes up a bit too much because 5 days later I woke up and found blood on the tissue and all of a sudden loads of blood just rushed out of me we didnt know what to do, my partner rung an ambulance and I was rushed to A&E, I had all the tests such as checking the blood clots and the horror came when the nurse had told us that I had a miscarriage since this happened 2 weeks ago I have felt nothing but guilt that maybe I could of done something to prevent this from happening ever since I stopped bleeding we have been trying again, i know doctors and nurses have said to wait till my first menstrual cycle but is it possible that i could become pregnant this soon after a miscarriage as I'm having symptoms such as sore boobs, back ache, headaches, tiredness all the symptoms i had when i was. I'm too scared to take a test because i don't want to be paranoid everytime i get like a twinge in my stomach can anyone please give me some advice please I'd really really appreciate it thank you in advance xx

Sorry to hear about your loss :hugs:

It is certainly possible you could be pregnant again. I know it is hard but isn't it better to know either way so you can get the right help and support, and know what the situation is. It isn't my decision to make but I would just bite the bullet and test as if you are pregnant (sorry if this sounds blunt, don't mean it to), you are going to be worrying either way as no matter when you find out it is going to be a stressful time. Also, if it turns out you aren't pregnant then at least you know rather than getting the disappointment later.

Good luck, I hope you are pregnant and that you get your rainbow this time. Pregnancy after loss is a very stressful time, I've been there twice and about to face going through it again soon as OH and I are ttc after a recent mmc, I know it seems impossible but try to relax as best you can and find relaxation techniques and exercises that might help you. Something that helped me was the mantra "if it is meant to be it will be".

Take care and all the best.

xx

Thank you for replying and no don't be silly you just said it the way it should be :). I'm just incredibly nervous I've got test but everytime I go to take one I freeze. Probably sounds stupid but I've never been so nervous in my life.
I'm sorry for you too ever since this has happened I have the utmost respect for you and any women that have gone through this didn't realize how heartbreaking it can be.
Thank you ever so much for replying and good luck to you too xx

I'm so sorry for your loss. I just wanted to say it will be okay. You may not feel like it now but it really will get better with time. Also wanted to add that a positive pregnancy test isn't likely to be a new pregnancy this soon after a miscarriage. It's more likely it's residual hCG from your miscarriage and, if you continue testing, your lines will get lighter until the tests go negative. I would advise doing this as it gives you an idea of when your cycle will start again because you won't ovulate until your hCG has dropped enough. Testing out your hCG also lets you know if another positive is actually a positive. I got pregnant without a period after a miscarriage in October and my doctor didn't believe it was a new pregnancy until I told her I had negative tests that went positive. (Bloodwork later confirmed my pregnancy conclusively.) I would recommend waiting at least one cycle as it will not only give you time to sort thru your emotions but also let your body heal. I've had 8 losses total so I know what you are feeling but hang in there and just breathe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->