B6 is definitely ok...?

Gingerspice

Reaction score
Last pregnancy I had bad MS. This pregnancy it started getting bad and several people have advised I take B6. Well I did, but I'llie honest, I'm paranoid about it.

I'm currentlet a king 50mg in morning. I didn't think it made much difference but this morning I forgot and sickness today is awful.

Can you tell me that b6 is indeed ok, and my under standing is 100mg is fine so maybe I should increase?

I am not really eating much that would contain b6 nor other pregnancy gits (vital d and folic acid only) so no other b6 in diet

Yes! They just gave me paper work about it at my midwife appointment, actually. You can't take more than 200 mg a day. About 25 to 50 mg every 4-6 hours! If you take it with unisom at night. It's suppose to do wonders!!! The relationship between the two are suppose to do the teick

Thank you.I shall add another 50mg at bedtime and speak to pharmacist tomorrow about this unisom.I'lol do anything to help as this is just awful

Ive heard 100mg is safe, but I really think over that is safe. I just upped my dose from 50 to 100 as I've been feeling nauseaus this pregnancy. Last pregnancy my prenatal vitamin had 200mg in it!!! I don't know if it was coincidence, but I had pretty much no sickness at all last pregnancy. If it came it was just for a minute and then disappeared for a few days. I miss those days lol!

OMG I am getting some - thank you for this post

*runs to bathroom to dryheave*

Well I took 50mg before bed and 50 me this morn. So far feel much better than yest when I hadn't had any the night before or the morning.
I will see how the 100mg sits before then trying this unisom also.

Well spoke to pharmacist today and they weren't prepared to give me anything without Dr approval. Guess I'll go to the drs tomorrow and see what they say.

Well spoke to pharmacist today and they weren't prepared to give me anything without Dr approval. Guess I'll go to the drs tomorrow and see what they say.

That's wild! I spoke to the pharmacist and she said that B6 is half the ingredient in the regular M/S pills - half B6, half antihistamine - and gave me a sheet that discusses the uses of B6 and nausea and vomiting due to pregnancy was listed!

They have really improved everything for me over the last 4 days I've been on them - thankfully!

Saw dr today and he was non-supportive of b6 and poo poo-ed en it. Asked IF I had done much research and I said everything I had read said it worked well, and it had seemed to makea slight improvement for me, but not enough. Anyway, he's prescribed cyclizine hydrochloride as a starting point.

Does anyone know if i can I still take the b6 alongside the cyclizine? I forgot to ask

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->