Babies & beanies?

Mitsuko

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
I'm really into crocheting and I'm looking for things I can make for my little boy. Relaxing and preparing for the birth, two birds with one stone! I've already made a blanket and plan to make at least 2 more, a few bibs, booties and several toys. I'm not sure about beanies, though...

Do babies really wear them? Or is it something mums like to do to their offspring? :baby::haha: Winter in Belgium isn't that bad but it can sometimes get below zero celsius (below 32°F), rarely below 23°F unless we got an exceptionnally cold weather (like we had last year).

What do you all think? Will you be buying (or crafting) baby hats?

ok what's a beanie? Only thing i know a beanie as is a beanie teddy ??? lol :doh:

I shall answer you with a picture of my little missy last winter...
https://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo223/jen1604/pierceandfifi021.jpg
In her little crocheted hat :thumbup: xxx

ok what's a beanie? Only thing i know a beanie as is a beanie teddy ??? lol :doh:

This:

https://www.poppetbabywear.com/images/Designer-Baby-NZ-Merino-Wool-Beanie-Hat.jpg

I'll be buying some for my baby - here in the great white north it could easily be -30 C (-22F) in January/February so I want to make sure baby is as warm as possible (and... they look flippin adorable). I won't be making any... but grandmas and great-grandmas will be :D

Yeah it does get pretty nippy in winter, so I think we'll be getting a few little ''beanies'' eheh they are very cute and they keep the head warm. brilliant!

Awwww I love these, I think I will be getting a few, it will be pretty nippy in the winter as well!! xx

ooo i have lots of lil beanies that my mums made me, my mums making sooooo much stuff!!! lol

ooo i have lots of lil beanies that my mums made me, my mums making sooooo much stuff!!! lol

My mum is like that, too! She's knitting like crazy! :) Plus she's already bought more things than I have...:cloud9:

I'm hoping someone in the family will make LO a monkey beanie :D

ok what's a beanie? Only thing i know a beanie as is a beanie teddy ??? lol :dohh:

ok now i feel totally & utterly stoooopid :dohh:
My son has always wore these, he loves em & looks well fab in em anorl.

Can't believe i didn't even think of beanie hats - ok you may slap me now:)

We call them toques over here! (pronounced TOOK).

If you knitted it with large holes in it - oh dear, that sounds silly - um...I don't know how to explain it but I hope you get what I mean! Anyway, if it wasn't 'tightly woven', it wouldn't be so warm, and bubs could wear it all year 'round.

Here, they are an absolute necessity. Most of your body's heat is released through the top of the head, therefore to keep baby warm when it's -40 degrees C, you must have a toque!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->