Babies born on the same day, NOT twins????

The thing is if she did go into premature labour the development of a 26 weeker and 28 weeker can make a real difference in chances of survival, so in that respect they arent exagerating

I think I would still think of them as twins.

This is just soooo overexaggertaed I don't get it?! I believe they could have been concieved seperately, I have heard of it, but to say they aren't twins, that it could be disaster if she went into labour early, and making out the developmental differences would be huge is so irritating....there's TWO weeks between them??!! To describe them as different ages is plain stupid. You've got twins love, and unusual ultrasound and story to tell the grandkids, great good for you- now appreciate your TWINS of the SAME age and get over it!!!!!! It's like me saying I am soooooo much older and mroe developed than my husband because I am 12 days older....

Now what would be an interesting story is if they had different dads! Now that would be a good read!!!!

you said it better than i could :thumbup:

I thought the cervix closed firmly after conception?

I know people are saying that before a certain age all babies grow at roughly the same rate but what about the condition where one twin can take more than their share of nutrients etc? Is it twin to twin transfusion or something?
Could that not be what happened rather than conceiving two babies two and a half weeks apart?

I don't know, I haven't got any medical background.

I agree with the PP who said about the Mail exaggerating though, seeing as you're considered full term between 38 and 40 weeks (I have got that right haven't I?) then a developmental gap of 2.5 weeks is hardly life threatening!

The cervix does close but it's not instant - it's only once hormones tell it to play sperm can live for 5-7 days in the uterus.

Twin to twin transfusion only applies in identical twins who share placentas I beleive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->