babies first cold....

kayjor04

Reaction score
So my little baby girl.. has her first cold...
i feel like an awful mommy cause she caught it from me... in spite of my best efforts to avoid so... Shes so stuffy.. and she usually sleeps thru a whole 12 hours... but shes been waking every 20 minutes whining...then soothering herself back to sleep... and its breaking me heart... although i dont have to go in to comfort her.. i know shes not comfortable... :cry:
Does anyone know if theres a way i can relieve her discomfort?

Don't know if you have it there, but I use Snufflebabe. It's like Viks vaporub,but for babies. You could maybe use a menthol plug in too? And plenty of calpol. It'll help her sleep if nothing else!

thanks a mil! i dont know if we have that snufflebabe here, but i'll certainly check it out!

if its breething thats botheing her then put a pillow under her mattress to just prop her up a little will help breathing with a cold and put some karvol in a hot bowl of water in bedroom x

Yeah Karvol is fab stuff! Our household is all lurgified too! Faith came home a few weeks back and gave us all coughs and colds which then led to my chest infection. Now she's brought another one home and we're all suffering again. Poor Ollie has now had 2 colds and he's only 7 weeks old! x

Jasmine isnt sick, but I did buy a vicks humidifier... It keeps the room nicer for her to breath while sleeping in the winter.

You can use saline drops to helps with nasal congestion and also a suction bulb to draw out the mucous.

You can use childrens tylenol etc too to help with fever etc... although here in canada the childrens cough and cold remedies are now not recommended for young children cause people overdoes their babies too much. But regular childrens tylenol is still ok.

The vicks humidifier is amazing , my son breaths so much better with it and bought on for our room too lol also saline drops help to keep them boogers out of there lil noses

Byron has a cold too, also caught from me thought fortunately I seem to have had it a lot worse with a nasty cough whereas he's just been mucousy. I've been using Nasosal which is a saline solution you drop in each nostril and that helps clear congestion for a while. Don't know if you have this or something similar in Canada?

I used saline nasal drops with Sophia when she had a cold a couple of weeks ago, they seemed to really help unblock her nose. I also rubbed a tiny amount of vicks on her chest and put olbas oil drops on a muslin and waved it around in the air near her, fortunately she didn't seem to suffer with the cold for too long, I felt bad too as she caught it from me. Hope your LO is better soon x

Humidifier, warm baths, keep her bundled and lots of cuddles :) It shouldnt last too long

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->