Babies in SCBU

FEDup1981

Mam of two & two angels
Reaction score
Kate isnt premature, so i know technically this shouldnt be here, but i figured that you girls would be the only ones to understand having a baby in SCBU.

Kate will be 2 weeks tomorrow, and has been in SCBU since she was 16minutes old. I never got to hold her until she was 5 days old, and shes likely to be there another week.

Im missing her sooooo much :cry:. I feel a real ache for her. When im at the hospital, and holding her i could stay all day and cuddle her and take in everything about her. Then i have to go home....:cry::cry::cry:

Some of her care has been below standard and its made it harder to leave her. Im just lost. We never could have imagined we would be in this situation because she was a term baby. But when she was born she struggled to breath. She was navy blue and her Sats were 45%. They diagnosed her as having Surfactant Deficient Respiratory Distress Syndrome. And she was ventilated for 5 days. Its been a night mare, an absolutely awful 2 weeks.

I also feel i cant face anyone. Family (DHs) and teachers/parents at J's school. Because ill have to talk about it and i just cant bare to.

Im also feeling a bit detached, the delay in bringing her home from being pregnant - it just feels wrong. I cant described it.

I just needed to write it down, to people who have some idea of how hard it is. :hugs:

You will get throug this. It's only another week hun then you get her forever x

It's crap, I know, it's a real struggle not being able to take her home. But you will, stay strong :hugs: this is a lil hurdle and you'll have your bundle home before you know it and you can get on as a family.

It wont be long untill shes home and then you can make up for the missed cuddles, Do they have a what was called a transitional care ward at my hospital that you could stay in for the last few days "to get into her routine"? If shes off the cpap and any IV drips they usualy have the babys in with you.

awww, scbu is so difficult-it sends out emotions you never knew existed. I'm sorry you're going through this and I sincerely hope little Katie is home soon. big hugs :hugs:

At the time it feels like there is nothing worse in the world than having to leave your precious baby behind in hospital, to be cared for by someone else. I HATED every minute that I wasn't with Poppy so I know how you feel.

But your LO will hopefully be home soon and your time apart from her will make you cherish every moment you are with her just that little bit more :hugs:

Congrats on the birth of Katie! sorry to hear she has been in scbu, I understand how hard it is... I agree with Lozzy, Is it possible to stay in hospital with her now??

big hugs, not much longer, it always seems like forever at the time.

xx

Congrats on birth of your little girl and so very sorry she's in SCBU. Its such a horrible experience but you WILL get through it. Your LO is such a strong girl and has an even stronger mummy. x Hoping she's home with you soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->