Babies measuring small 29 weeks... help

babyoneill

mother to Amber and Lexie and Jack
Reaction score
Hello ladies so I need a little advice of my sons growth were 29 weeks 2 days and he has been measuring on the 5th percentile for the last 4 weeks today he is 1139g which is about 2lbs 8oz I'm just wondering what your babies are weighing at this stage and has anyone had any expeciance with it being wrong and go on to have perfectly weighing babies I don't have little babies mine were all 8lbs 4oz at term 7lbs 6oz at 38 weeks and 7lbs 7oz at 37 weeks and my consultant worried me saying it's a little concerning. My placenta and blood flow and fluid levels are all normal

20181206_112156.jpg

My son was 9th percentile and was induced at 35 weeks with pre-eclampsia. He was small (4lbs 10oz) but perfectly healthy, and other than a couple of days in a "hot cot", had no health issues and came home with me after 5 days.

DD is 32 + 3 and slipping under the 9th percentile line. My consultant didn't seem too worried because he's been tracking growth since 16 weeks and, though she's small, she is still developing enough to make it much wiser to leave her where she is. I've got another growth scan on Monday, though, and I have to admit I'm a bit worried because at midwife appointment today, my blood pressure was on the way up. A premie dinky baby is a scarier prospect than a full term one, and I'm aware I was probably lucky with DS.

I assume you've been booked in for future growth scans? So long as baby is growing, my dr told me it was ok. He also said that a couple of millimetres out because a position was awkward can make quite a difference to their estimates, which is why he prefers to focus on patterns,

(forgot to mention at 30 week growth scan DD was measuring a hair shy of 3lbs).

My 29 week scan my baby was on the 10th centile. They plotted it wrong and found out two weeks later she was on the 50th. As long as placenta and water are fine I wouldn't worry. They can be really wrong with weight scans.

Im 29 weeks. Our litle girl is measuring at 1219g. Ur bub is on schedule in my opinion. Some are just little, but they will do some catching up before birth now. As long as ur doc is happy, u should be too! Ps. Our gyni said its an estimated weight given during scans, im sure all is well! Hoosa mama hoosa

Last edited:
I have had 2 growth scans so far and he is growing but still under estimated weight they would like I am booked in for 2 more to see how he's getting on and the thing is my doctor didn't seem happy in actual fact she spooked me by saying it's worrying that he is so small as all my other babies have been really good sizes so they can't work it out

At 29 weeks my oldest was measuring 2lb 3oz she was born at 39+6 weighing 8lb 2oz

My 2nd at 29 weeks was measuring 2lb 5oz she was born at 39+1 weighing 8lb exactly

Thanks that sounds promising x

My LO was always under the 10th percentile. And he was born 37+2 at 5lbs and 13 oz. He was perfectly fine! Actually, right now, he is 12 lbs and he is about 2 and 1/2 month. He was just a small healthy baby at birth. I wouldn't worry too much. I also heard a lot of stories (family, friends) where the echo's approximation was WAY off (giving a WAY smaller weight than what the baby ended up being).

Had my 31 week scan he is now measuring 3lbs 120z even though my consultant said he wouldn't catch up at this stage I feel like these consultants haven't got a clue after this pregnancy being told bilirubin was the same as bile acid and that colestasis isn't a risk to featus.

I just can't wait til he's born and safe now

33 week scan update measuring 4lb 4oz still measuring small and going back in 2 week on the 17th for another scan and talk of induction

Baby measuring 2694g 5lb 14oz at 35 weeks which is a huge jump from 2 weeks ago... Booked in for induction 5th Feb x

Baby measuring 2694g 5lb 14oz at 35 weeks which is a huge jump from 2 weeks ago... Booked in for induction 5th Feb x
Ahh thats a good weight! Our bub weighed in at 2.5kg today. Gynae said she will just be a smaller baby but nothing to worry about. So there u go. We are almost at the finishing line hun! Im booked 11 Feb.

In the UK they measure u on your bmi your age ethnicity.
I'm Caucasian 38 and 5ft and classed as over weight I'm a size 12 weighed 63kg pre preg. By baby girl weighs 3oz 11lb and I'm measuring about 30cm and on the centile (Or what ever it is) they can't really have an average cos we are all diff shapes size age and ethnicity.
Last night my midwife said I can't compare a 4foor 9 Asian lady with a 5'5 caucasion lady. They work it out so it's personalised to u. I think at 31wks and 3oz 11lb is big for me. By term I'm looking at 7.5lb -8lb

That's a good weight. My daughter was born at 35 weeks and weighed 5lb 15oz. I hope your induction goes well x

They are going of my height weight and past pregnancy birth weights so they have been saying for weeks my baby is measuring small until 35 weeks they struggled to get is measurements due to him breathing and moving I don't have any more scans now so we will just have to wait and see at birth now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->