Babies measuring small 29 weeks... help

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by babyoneill, Dec 6, 2018.

1. babyoneill

babyoneill mother to Amber and Lexie and Jack

Hello ladies so I need a little advice of my sons growth were 29 weeks 2 days and he has been measuring on the 5th percentile for the last 4 weeks today he is 1139g which is about 2lbs 8oz I'm just wondering what your babies are weighing at this stage and has anyone had any expeciance with it being wrong and go on to have perfectly weighing babies I don't have little babies mine were all 8lbs 4oz at term 7lbs 6oz at 38 weeks and 7lbs 7oz at 37 weeks and my consultant worried me saying it's a little concerning. My placenta and blood flow and fluid levels are all normal

2. Ferry

Ferry Well-Known Member

My son was 9th percentile and was induced at 35 weeks with pre-eclampsia. He was small (4lbs 10oz) but perfectly healthy, and other than a couple of days in a "hot cot", had no health issues and came home with me after 5 days.

DD is 32 + 3 and slipping under the 9th percentile line. My consultant didn't seem too worried because he's been tracking growth since 16 weeks and, though she's small, she is still developing enough to make it much wiser to leave her where she is. I've got another growth scan on Monday, though, and I have to admit I'm a bit worried because at midwife appointment today, my blood pressure was on the way up. A premie dinky baby is a scarier prospect than a full term one, and I'm aware I was probably lucky with DS.

I assume you've been booked in for future growth scans? So long as baby is growing, my dr told me it was ok. He also said that a couple of millimetres out because a position was awkward can make quite a difference to their estimates, which is why he prefers to focus on patterns,

3. Ferry

Ferry Well-Known Member

(forgot to mention at 30 week growth scan DD was measuring a hair shy of 3lbs).

4. WhisperGirl

WhisperGirl Mum of 6 to be

My 29 week scan my baby was on the 10th centile. They plotted it wrong and found out two weeks later she was on the 50th. As long as placenta and water are fine I wouldn't worry. They can be really wrong with weight scans.

5. JJordaan

JJordaan Well-Known Member

Im 29 weeks. Our litle girl is measuring at 1219g. Ur bub is on schedule in my opinion. Some are just little, but they will do some catching up before birth now. As long as ur doc is happy, u should be too! Ps. Our gyni said its an estimated weight given during scans, im sure all is well! Hoosa mama hoosa

#5 JJordaan, Dec 7, 2018 at 2:38 PM
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2018 at 7:16 AM
  6. babyoneill

I have had 2 growth scans so far and he is growing but still under estimated weight they would like I am booked in for 2 more to see how he's getting on and the thing is my doctor didn't seem happy in actual fact she spooked me by saying it's worrying that he is so small as all my other babies have been really good sizes so they can't work it out

7. RainbowDrop_x

RainbowDrop_x Well-Known Member

At 29 weeks my oldest was measuring 2lb 3oz she was born at 39+6 weighing 8lb 2oz

My 2nd at 29 weeks was measuring 2lb 5oz she was born at 39+1 weighing 8lb exactly

babyoneill likes this.
  8. babyoneill

Thanks that sounds promising x

9. missielibra

missielibra Well-Known Member

My LO was always under the 10th percentile. And he was born 37+2 at 5lbs and 13 oz. He was perfectly fine! Actually, right now, he is 12 lbs and he is about 2 and 1/2 month. He was just a small healthy baby at birth. I wouldn't worry too much. I also heard a lot of stories (family, friends) where the echo's approximation was WAY off (giving a WAY smaller weight than what the baby ended up being).