Babies that have had the first injections?

S

Serene123

Caitlyn has her first injections today and I'm soooooooooooo scared!! How long is she going to be crying for? Is she going to be in pain for long? Ahh, I really don't like seeing her cry. Also, putting her in the car seat after isn't going to hurt her is it?

Hey there,

Oscar has had 3 lots of injections now, with each of them he'd stopped crying by the time i'd left the nurses office! I was worried that i'd have to walk through the waiting room with Oscar screaming :blush: but this never happened. With the second and third lot he did have tiny bumps on his legs where the nurse had done it, but putting in and out of the car seat didn't seem to hurt him.

I also did give him Calpol half hour before his appointment on my friends recommendation, so this may have helped.

I just kept telling myself that the few mins of hurting is better than them getting sick. Don't want lo to feel your nervousness :baby:

Am sure it'll be fine :hugs:

Ella cried when they went i and stopped preety much straight away , just give her a huge cuddle or if she is still crying give her a feed will calm her :)

The first injections are the easiest.. coz there still too small to really realise whats happening!! Some babies dont even cry! Kaiden was sleeping and only whimpered and that was it!! youll be fine..I was soo scared aswell bt they quickly forget xx

Ciarans seemed to laugh when they where done lol :D x

seth cried for 5 minutes, but I took him straight away and fed him which settled him and he fell asleep. He was a bit groggy and sleep the rest of the day and had a temperature, so we gave him 2 doses of calpol but the next day he was back to his normal self!

Its worse for us than it is for them, hope it goes ok

xxx

Skyler has had 3 injections and one tongue drops.He just gave a scream,moaned bit and that is it.Nothing big.Dont make a big fuss out of it otherwise taking your kid to doctor will always be troublesome.

Joseph cried for a little bit and became a little irritated during the night but was fine the next day, try taking her for a walk in the pram after, just to soothe her down a wee bit.

Jack has had 3 lot's now and has cried for all of them for around 10/15 mins. Although as soon as we put him in the car he was asleep. usually he is tired and moody for that day and the next.
Good Luck :)

My LO didn't cry when he got the injections but was crying on and off for the rest of the day as soon as his pain meds wore off. We gave him Panado infant drops (recommened by the nursing sister at the clinic).

Keira screamed bloody murder for all of 1 minute. She got over it by the time they gave her the oral rotovirus dose.

my baby has only had one shot so far, he just cried when it went in , after he was fine.
i was planning on nursing him to calm him, but he didnt need it.

how was it jack has his next week i need some tips

My health visitor said they wont give the injections if you have given calpol beforehand. Everyones Lo's seemed to sail through! Kyle ended up at the hospital as he took reactions to the first 2 lots of jabs.

Hope it went well toria x

I told them I'd given her calpol before and they still did them. It was absolutely horrible. I wasn't even in the room because I couldn't bare it and I still burst into tears when she started crying. However, straight after, as soon as she was in my arms again, she was FINE.. She forgot so quickly. I felt abit stupid for worrying!

seth cried for 5 minutes, but I took him straight away and fed him which settled him and he fell asleep. He was a bit groggy and sleep the rest of the day and had a temperature, so we gave him 2 doses of calpol but the next day he was back to his normal self!

Its worse for us than it is for them, hope it goes ok

xxx

This is what happened with us too :)

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79