"babies will only eat if they're hungry" WWYD?

tannembaum

Little Elsie bums mum!
Reaction score
Everyone says babies will only eat if they are hungry and if they over eat they will bring up what they dont need.

My problem is Elsie doesn't stop!!! She can eat adult size portions (eg. a whole bowl of sheppards pie!) and will get angry when I take it away.

Surely she shouldn't need this much?! I have found myself feeding her portion sizes I think she should have.

HELP!!

Ellie doesn't stop either, she'd graze all day if I let her!

No advice, sorry, just thought I'd let you know you're not alone x

God, Roh eats some truly astonishing quantities! Seriously some days he eats more than me :shock: I think its true that if she was really over eating it would make her sick? I'm not sure what i would do. If you are worried, then maybe limit the portion size of her main meal, and then offer her fruit or something lower calories after so she can fill up if she needs to? I was told a full portion for a child around 9-12 months or so is about 250ml volume, so maybe once she gets to that stop?
I've never really worried too much about Roh over eating, as he was premature, and has always been small, so i'm happy for him to stuff his face!

Well Elsie has always been tiny, just above the second percentile. I'm gonna get her weighed on The to check where she is now.
thank you for the replies.

I would rule out any medical issues (eg thyroid) but otherwise just let her eat as much as she wants, or offer something else at the same meal. We BLW so I've never been concerned as some days he eats like a gannett and other times he just picks likes a sparrow and plays with his food but he's thriving.

Your LO might be growth spurting too so it may settle on its own.

I'd say its fine. I have a good eater on my hands and i find myself having to space out meals or he would be sick ie. dinner then pudding 1 hr later

Thanks everyone. I got Elsie weighed today and she's still on the same line so I'm just gonna let her eat as much as she wants and see what happens with her weight next month :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->