Babies wind at night equals no sleep:( help!

Thumbelina 3

1 child of 2 years 9month
Reaction score
my almost 5 week old baby has the most awful botty wind particularly at night. It has got much worse over the last week and a half to the point he barely sleeps at all as groaning, crying and farting constantly after feeding.
He is breastfed and feeds a lot. Does the position I feed him in make a difference?is there anything i can do to help him?ive tried infacol but that doesn't seem to help. I wind him for a least 20minutes after feeds but he rarely gets a burp out. Have tried all different ways of burping him and nothing helps. I've started expressing a bottle so I get an hour at night while my hubby feeds him and he is much better after this feed?

Please help I need some sleep and my baby us so uncomfortable

It is possible if he is better on the bottle teat, that you have a very fast let down and struggling to swallow all that milk means LO gets air in his tummy.

If this is the case, feeding him while you are angled backwards can help (the milk has to fight gravity so comes out slower). Or unlatching LO when you feel the letdown and have it spray in to a towel or cloth. As he gets bigger he'll start to cope with it better and you won't have to do this every time.

Newborns are so hard to burp! Each baby seems to respond to a different method so it is worth trying a few (during the day to see what works best while you are not dying to get back in bed!). My LO only burped sat upright on my knee with my hand on her chest, fingers/thumb under her arms almost stretching her upwards, jiggling my knee and rubbing her back with the other hand. It was hard work but if I didn't stretch and jiggle the burp couldn't come out! Some babies never burp. Do you burp in between breasts? If he's a good latched and wouldn't become distressed maybe you could try a few 'mid-feed' burps?

But honestly laid back feeding positions can make all the difference!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->