babies with a close age gap. . .

DonnaBallona

newlyweds!
Reaction score
so, my OH and I would like our babies close together. . .Brooke is 3 months old right now and we are looking at TTC when she is 6 months. :blush:

Im just wondering, from the ladies that have had their babies close together, what its REALLY like?? I understand its going to be HARD work, but have you any advice? TIA xx

I have a 18ish month gap between my two,

PRO's
I feel quite lucky as i had a easy pregnency so didn't get too tired and kieran kept me up on my feet towards the end.

Close in age so playmate

While Paige still has naps in the day i get time to spend with kieran, and when he starts nursery in september i'l get time with her

Your steraliser has not long been put away so you have no trouble finding it.

You can re use alot of your stuff, I knew i wanted two close together so went neautral with everything except clothes

I found it pretty easy with two until paige started moving,

Kieran adjusted really easily

CONs
You have to get a double pram...bloody nightmare!!

My sis has boy girl like me exact same age gap and they fight a lot!! There 10 and 12

At the age my two are at now, (especially while Kieran isn't in nursery til september) They are both very demanding!!

2 in nappies fill a wheelie bin pretty quick

Obviously this is only my experience, will see what else i can come up with x

This was my response to someone else thread, i will post the link now for you...there was some really good info on it :)

https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-toddler-club/115450-mums-2-young-ones.html

Hevz gives some good points x

Mine are going to be a 12 months apart....the next few years should be...interesting

thanks so much Kaci-I must have missed that thread so will read it now with interest. Thanks :hugs:

Layla is 4 in june
Finnley 2 in july
And Oscar born this year in March ...

So i have a bit of experiance, I will be 100% honest Oscar was not planned in the slightest (Allthow cheeky chappy is very loved).
In my opinion, It varies .. Layla was a very easy content child and we had finnley i panicked it would be difficult but was really quiet easy we took a stride through it real well, Now Finnley allthow my little lovely angel certainly is doing terrible 2s with a vengance and having Oscar and a baby is very very hard !! tyring and stressfull yet still with its rewards :)..
Layla and finnley do play together and will go to school together wich will be lovely :) Allthwo they do spend allot of time fighting over toys the most of the time there soooo close i have to smile when i see them.
So what iam saying is theres pros an cons really.

I wouldnt change my kids for the world :), But some days i do think it would of been nice to not be so tired and the house to be sooo hectic .. I feel some days Finnley didnt get as much attention as layla did or that Oscar does as the other 2 (But that may be me been paranoid).

My only advice would be to really think about your situation, how your little girl may be affected (i never thought of layla when i planned finnley very selfish i know) .. If you know within your heart that it will make your family compleate and your ready now hun then your ready :).

p.s - This is just my very honest down to earth opinion each family is different.

Good luck . xxxxxxxxxxxxx .

Layla is 4 in june
Finnley 2 in july
And Oscar born this year in March ...

So i have a bit of experiance, I will be 100% honest Oscar was not planned in the slightest (Allthow cheeky chappy is very loved).
In my opinion, It varies .. Layla was a very easy content child and we had finnley i panicked it would be difficult but was really quiet easy we took a stride through it real well, Now Finnley allthow my little lovely angel certainly is doing terrible 2s with a vengance and having Oscar and a baby is very very hard !! tyring and stressfull yet still with its rewards :)..
Layla and finnley do play together and will go to school together wich will be lovely :) Allthwo they do spend allot of time fighting over toys the most of the time there soooo close i have to smile when i see them.
So what iam saying is theres pros an cons really.

I wouldnt change my kids for the world :), But some days i do think it would of been nice to not be so tired and the house to be sooo hectic .. I feel some days Finnley didnt get as much attention as layla did or that Oscar does as the other 2 (But that may be me been paranoid).

My only advice would be to really think about your situation, how your little girl may be affected (i never thought of layla when i planned finnley very selfish i know) .. If you know within your heart that it will make your family compleate and your ready now hun then your ready :).

p.s - This is just my very honest down to earth opinion each family is different.

Good luck . xxxxxxxxxxxxx .

thanks for your honesty. . .it is much appreciated. I think perhaps our minds have been made up. . . :happydance: I just hope the pre-eclampsia doesnt rear its ugly head again-im sure it'll all be fine BUT i will definatly double check with my doctor as dont fancy all that palavar again!

Thanks again for all the replies, they are much much appreciated. xx

Little Austin here wasn't planned either, we were using protection acutally. I am slightly worried about how Charlotte will adjust, but I'm sure she'll be fine.

https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-toddler-club/115450-mums-2-young-ones.html

Hevz gives some good points x

Ta babe....save me cutting and pasting:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I was brought up in a very close-in-age sibling set. There were four girls (including me) and we're all a year apart. I loved it growing up and am now wholly convinced I would like to have the same amount of children with the same age gap. I asked my parents how they did it and they were very honest and said that it was hard work and it meant that for four years there wasn't much sleeping going on but they wouldn't have done it any other way. I remember spending most of my time playing with my sisters and being completely and utterly content with them and we all played the same games and with the same toys, it certainly worked for our family.

And even now, a whole lot of years later i'm still very very close to my sisters. They're my most favourite people in the whole world and i'd love my kids to have that.

Hi Ya. I would love to have another baby, I think we decided we would start trying in the summer. When we started trying for Toby I fell pregnant straight away. We would love a little girl this time xx

there is 20 months between my two and most people think i'm mad but i feel truely blessed. i have 2 beautiful children and once lucas is older next year i can focus on me and studying at uni.

Lilly seems to have taken quite well to being a big sister so i am hopeful they will play together, in honesty she barely notices him most of the time. the nappies are endless and if i don't do at least 2 washes a day it gets out of control, most of our stuff is neutral as we knew we wanted 2 close together so a lot has been reused and anything that can't be reused is sold on ebay to make money to buy new things:)

my older 3 are just a year apart each ,11 months between the first 2 then 14 months between second and third...tbh when they were babies it wasnt too bad i was constantly busy lol and never sat down but they were all pretty good sleepers....

the problems are now they are 9 10 and 11 and a bloody living nightmare they constantly fight , sneak into each others rooms at night...nick things off each other...gang up on me lol and i catch them up til midnight playing the bloody xbox no matter how wee i hide the controllers

would i do a small age gap again ...no way like i say when they were small up to about 4 5 and 6 it was ok now theyre approaching teenage years with raging testosterone they are bloodhy awful...i wouldnt swap them though

maybe its because theyre all boys though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->