Baby 4 months - at the end of my tether

SophL

Reaction score
Somebody please help me!

My gorgeous girl won't take a bottle, dummy or be put in her own bed. Through sheer exhaustion we are cosleeping with my husband on the sofa. I NEED my baby girl to stop feeding 1-2 hourly and to go in her (cosleeper!) crib. In tears and up shit creek without a paddle... She was prem and is only 9lbs and will only sleep for max 2 hours at a time pretty much skin to skin. I am so knackered with my baby boy on the go all day and a house to run as well. On. My. Knees.

Can anyone help?

When she sleeps is it latched or is being close to you enough? Is it that she needs to be held? We found a poddle pod / sleepyhead got us through that phase. For the day I'd wear her in a wrap. The house can wait - and remember this phase will pass. Good luck!

Latched to get to sleep and then when deeply asleep contact is enough. She wakes pretty much immediately when moved or if I move. Thank you so much for your reply. Lovely to ear some friendly words and I'll definitely look into that.

I feel for you honey. Haven't been in the exact situation but my boy ate all the time, comfort nursed, all that for a long time. If I moved from him at night he woke up. He's never taken a bottle or pacifier so it was mommy or nothing. All I can say is just keep holding on and give your lo all they need. Sounds like you're being a wonderful mommy and hopefully things will change soon. Hang in there :)

I would second the wrap for the daytime even when LO is being extra fussy she will settle in there while I get stuff done or go shopping etc...

Not sure about at night, DD2 would only settle in her basket with a dummy, have you tried different types of dummy/bottle, DD2 would only take cherry teat dummies?

Have you tried getting your DH to settle her into her crib or offer the dummy? My DD won't take the dummy from me, I'm convinced she knows I'll offer her the breast sooner or later. Yet she settles for my DH no problem! And my DS (nearly 2.5 now) only stopped BF-ing to sleep when I started a pilates class and wasn't there in the evening for his bedtime, so DH had to do the bath and bedtime routine. I dreamfed him when I got home but if I was there both babies prefer/prefered me, but were happy with DH if I was nowhere to be seen.

HTH.

If she's only 9lbs at 4 months, she probably needs the nutrition to grow. My first was a very poor sleeper and fed frequently. It is incredibly hard and draining. But it didn't last forever. My second has been a better sleeper from the start, and he is generally bigger than my first was, so probably is able to go longer between feeds more easily because he's got the reserves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->