Baby Abigail 06.08.08

Carolyn

Reaction score
Wasn't going to post a 'story' because I didn't know where to start... but here goes.

Started getting contractions when I was a week overdue exactly. (Overdue according to scans, according to dates I was spot on!!)

They were definitely contractions - you do 'just know'!. I was getting them evry ten minutes lasting for thirty seconds. This was at 10.45pm on the 5th Aug. By 3am I had woken the OH and we were getting prepared to go to hospital. The contractions were all over the place at this time. Roughly every three minutes lasting for 30-60 seconds. They were bearable. By four we were at the hospital as they were unbearable, i didn't think i was that dilated, and i wasn't. just 1cm :cry: so that meant no main relief yet.

They started screening me and baby because of the visit we had had to hospital a while back with suspected pre eclampsia. i hadn't got it then, but I had got it when I started to go into labour. So that meant the birthing pool and being up right went right out of the window!

I went from being 1cm to 7cm in 4 hours. It was too late for the epidural that they had prepared for me. I was 'on' gas and air. it didn't seem to take the pain away at the time, but i think it did do something looking back on it.

Because i had to be on the bed to be monitored it was very painful trying to push, I was screaming and wailling and I was very upset that I couldn't push her out. A lip on my cervix kept holding her back, the midwife did her best on several occassions to help but it wasn't happening.

Baby was distressed and we were both tired, she pooed inside and they decided to get her out. I was relieved when they said 'forceps'. I had injections, during contractions, inside me!!! I thought I was going to die!! The pain was unreal. They got the forceps inside and I can't believe I didn't pass out. She was born onto my chest shortly after and people say that the pain stops at this point. Don't get me wrong, I was astounded and overwhelmed with her, and relieved that it was 'over' and slighlty proud that I'd done it without pain relief as such and without dying!!! But the pain was still there. They then stitched me while I puffed on gas and air and cried and the OH had to sit down for a minute. (There was blood everywhere and i think it made him queesy)

It took ages to sort me out. I didn't leave the suite for nine and a half hours, because i couldn't get upright without passing out. Bubs was checked over and was fine. I had a good team who helped to clean me up and help me get onto the ward.

We had to stay in hospital from that wednesday til sunday night, because they weren't happy with baby's temp, it kept going up and down. Then when she stabilised, my blood count came back and i had to have a two bag blood transfusion, because my iron count was seven and it should have been ten or something. I felt very looked after at times in the hospital and sometimes very let down, I guess that's the baby blues kicking in.

Anyway, it's a week today since she was born:

Abigail Lee, born after 6 hours and 35 minutes of labour, by forceps on gas and air, weighing a healthy 7 lbs 11 ozs. 06.08.08 at 11.13am.

abs.jpg

me and abs.jpg

abs yawning.jpg

abs sleeping.jpg

j and h and abs.jpg

Congratulations!! Sounds like quite an ordeal, but atleast you have a beautiful baby at the end of it :)

Welcome to the world Abigail! She's precious and you look fabulous. I hope I look that good after birth!

Wow you done bloody well! sounds tough, hope you've recovered now. She looks gorgeous.xx

Congratulations and well done to you. She´s beautiful.

congratulations! It sounds like you had a tough time of it!

Congratulations! She is lovely!

Congratulations! She's cute!! Sorry you had such a rough labor :hugs:

https://xs3.xoospace.com/myspace/graphics/25065.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back