Baby acne or cmpi

sezzolou

Reaction score
Hi,
Does anyone have any experience of baby acne or cmpi rash please? My lo is nearly 7 weeks and has had this rash for a few weeks but its getting worse. Initially i thought it was a milk rash or baby acne but now im not sure. His other symtpoms are silent reflux, cough, gagging, choking and congestion. I havent booked a Drs apps as we’ve been seeing if things improve with all the usual stuff like elevating his crib, keeping him upright after feeds etc. The main reason i havent booked a GP app is that in general he is a happy baby unlike ds1 who was in a lot of pain with his reflux.

3E18EB03-BA87-42B6-B5DC-FE8CAE40D1D8.jpeg

DD2 still has CMPA . Went undiagnosed for a few months . She had all the symptoms your DS has and she didn’t seem in pain with her reflux.

The only way you will find out is if you trial a hypoallergenic formula and see if the spots / symptoms improve .

Good luck x

Hi sezolou, I was just wondering how you got on with your little one? I could have written your post myself. My older daughter had cmpi which wasn't diagnosed until we switched to formula at about 6 months.

My little boy (8 weeks) has a rash very similar to yours and also has reflux, slightly greenish nappies and is really congested. I've mooted the idea of cmpi with health visitor and GP but they've dismissed it as normal baby acne and reflux etc... Im not sure whether to go back.

Hope your little one is feeling better anyway.

Xx

Hi sezolou, I was just wondering how you got on with your little one? I could have written your post myself. My older daughter had cmpi which wasn't diagnosed until we switched to formula at about 6 months.

My little boy (8 weeks) has a rash very similar to yours and also has reflux, slightly greenish nappies and is really congested. I've mooted the idea of cmpi with health visitor and GP but they've dismissed it as normal baby acne and reflux etc... Im not sure whether to go back.

Hope your little one is feeling better anyway.

Xx

Sorry for the really slow reply. I havent been on here for a while. How is your little boy? For us fortunately it did turn out to be baby acne. I did have my doubts given my previous experience with DS1 and the fact that he had silent reflux, congestion, red eyes and the rash but it did eventually clear up after a month or so and applying a little bit of aveeno cream once a day. He outgrew the silent reflux and congestion around 4 months old but now has standard reflux which doesnt bother him in the slightest....its just very messy for us both he is 6 months old today but doesnt appear to be ready for weaning which i was hoping might help the reflux. Ill keep tying little bits here and there but im not too concerned at the minute unless he keeps dropping his milk intake. This last month hes gone from 5 7oz bottles in 24 hours to 5 5oz bottles in 24 hours.

Hi,
Does anyone have any experience of baby acne or cmpi rash please? My lo is nearly 7 weeks and has had this rash for a few weeks but its getting worse. Initially i thought it was a milk rash or baby acne but now im not sure. His other symtpoms are silent reflux, cough, gagging, choking and congestion. I havent booked a Drs apps as we’ve been seeing if things improve with all the usual stuff like elevating his crib, keeping him upright after feeds etc. The main reason i havent booked a GP app is that in general he is a happy baby unlike ds1 who was in a lot of pain with his reflux.

View attachment 1055859
My baby had those spots as well after the first month she was literally covered in them so bad from head to toe. They disappear after awhile though maybe a month or so. Doctor said it was baby acne. She also had some hair loss too. She’s four months old now and everything is pretty normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->