Baby Aleesha Dee Kelly, 28.11.09

tashyluv

Reaction score
My Birth Story

Aleesha Dee Kelly - 28.11.09- 6lb 12

Before I start, I predicted that I would be a November sparkler!! as when I worked out the date we concieved it worked out the 27th, so I was 1 day out! 1 hour and 22 mins in fact because she was born on the 28th at 1.22am. I tried my hardest lollllll!!!! Doctor told me 1st of December so I was in in between December stars and November sparklers...I was right!! November it was.

So, I had her on the Saturday morning. On the Thursday I had a really sore stomach....no contractions just really sore all day, I knew something was going on. My boyfriend usually gets a lift to work as he works out of town, but he decided to take the car just incase he needed to come back in a hurry. Nothing all day just sore.

Friday Morning- Started getting irregular pains every 15 mins or so but it was definitly something, my boyfriend decided to take the day of work as we kinda thought id have her over the weekend anyway. Contractions got stronger, every 10 mins but not enough. This was my first so I wasnt sure what was strong contractions and what wasnt. I phoned the midwife she told me to hold off until it was unbearable!! haha. I had my mother in law up, along with her sister and daughter lol. Im sitting having contrations in the living room and there making cups of coffee in the kitchen shouting through the house " oh is that you having another contraction!!" It was quite funny actually, theyve had that many kids between them, you could tell they wernt worried I think about 5pm I decided to go down to the unit, got checked and sent home, I wasnt dilated enough. Waited, Waited, went back when I had contractions every 5 mins which was about around 8pm. I was 3cm, she said to go have a walk about and come back and that my waters will burst with a gush quite soon- Heres me walking about the hossie worry about this big gush!!!!!. We decided to go tot he shops instead, hears me holding on to the handles in the car!!! lol Gets back to the hossie, I was just about crawling the floors all I remember is people walking past me in the corridors " is she ok??? errrrrr do I look bloody ok?!!!! and I am hear you can speak directly to me and not my boyfriend lolll. Got a bit grumpy at this stage "rub my back, no dont rub my back lol"

Oh need to go back to the unit, cant bear it now!- the Dundee Midwifery unit was really nice, only 4 beds, private rooms nice and quiet. I dreaded staying overnight in the labour ward, didnt realise I was booked in here! I felt like I was in 1st class haha!!

10 pm, no waters yet, in pain tho so I got some gas and air.....one word CRAP. My co-ordination was poop, couldnt breath in at the same time as contraction so totally useless. "I want and epidural!!!!!! Midwife says " oh sorry this is the Midwifery unit, no doctors, we will have to phone up and see if there busy. Oh for gods sake! lol. What a surprise there busy!!!!. Kept on moaning and they gave me some diamorphine, weeeeeeeeeeeee lol.
Waters still not broken. The midwife kept asking me if I felt like I needed to go for a number 2 hmm ...not really, she told me to sit on the loo, sometimes that helps the waters come due to the positioning....5mins on the loo...wooooshhh! lol, oohh now the pain starts!!! Then I felt like I needed a number 2 "you know I never believed anyone who said to me, child birth was like going for a number 2 but now i do!"

12 oclock waters, time to push!

I didnt mention earlier that baby was back to back, then 1 wk before the midwife thought she had turned, obviously not!!!. The on duty midwives had no recolection that she was back to back...neither did I because I thought she had turned. Oh the back pain I tell you!, but I didnt know the difference as it was my first. I was pushing for an hour!!!!, we got really worried as her heart rate kept dropping, but it kept going back up!. The midwife was waving these scissors about ready to use them but when the heartrate went back to normal she put them down. "right one last time, then she was gonna use them" Im telling you I never pushed so hard in my life!!! and out she came, my beautiful daughter!!!, no way was I getting cut haha!!! Teh midwifes didnt realise she was back to back at first and when she came out they where like " face to pube, face to pube!!! hahaha I was like what the hell is face to pube???

She was put straight on my tummy, Im so so proud of myself, didnt think it was possible, and labour was worse than the actual pushing!!!!! Sound really stupid and didnt think I would ever say this but...it wasnt that bad???

I cant believe I did it without an epidural, I really thought I wouldnt be able to manage! It was an experience I will never forget and was so amazing.

I got a few stitches, 2nd degree, nearly kicked the midwife in the head when she was putting them in....oops!! I put it down to the gas and air haha.

Also, I just moved house 6 weeks ago, which meant getting the internet switched off. The one thing I wanted to do when I was in labour was tell you lot! but it didnt happen unfortunatly, i felt lost without bnbs advice!!. I still dont have the net on just now, but I thought I would start writing never the less. The net gets put on the 22nd of dec so it will be on asap.

Attachments

• Photo0263.jpg
    Photo0263.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Photo0262.jpg
    Photo0262.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Photo0259.jpg
    Photo0259.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Photo0220.jpg
    Photo0220.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 10
Oh congratulations!! :) She is a beauty!!xxxx

Congrats hun she is so gorgeous! look at that full head of hair :flower:

OMG she's gorgeous and thanks for sharing your birth story with us - it has made me feel much better about my impending labour. :thumbup:

Awww she's gorgeous hun, congratulations x

well done and congrats. Your daughter is beautiful and sounds like you had a nice labour and delivery.

xx

Just wanted to say thanks for all your replies and all you ladies worried about birth, don't be. It was my first baby and I was exactly the same. Human nature is so amazing its natural and try to enjoy it, remember you are creating life, which is beautiful. Once you've done, it you will feel like you can do anything!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->