Baby Alexander's arrival!

luckylady911

Reaction score
So after being very impatient for a while on Septmeber 5 I woke up feeling concerned for no real reason. I had been having some prelabour symptoms for a bit but nothing major. I was concerned that I had not felt the baby move for a few hours and decided to go up to the hospital to have it checked out. I just told my fiance but said he could sleep as he worked night shift and I thought I was maybe overreacting. I drove to the hospital and almost went home twice because I thought maybe I was just impatient for labour to begin. When I got there they hooked me up to the NST and said the baby was moving fine but when they checked my blood pressure it was 188/118. They drew blood and monitored the baby for a few hours then they told me that they needed to admit me to give me blood pressure medications and to induce me that night. I was starting to feel fuzzy by this time so I called my fiance who was sleeping and he thought I meant I was in labour right then and rushed in. They put in the cervidil to help dilate me and pumped me with blood pressure medications. All night I was having horrible back pain and they told me it was just cramping from the medication and I should wait for pain relief. At five o'clock in the morning I couldn't take it anymore and called the nurse while I started to throw up from the pain. They gave me an injection of morphine and took out the cervidil. Almost immediately afterwards I had the "bloody show" and my water broke. They started me on pitocin and I was already having contractions every 2-3 min lasting for 1 minute. They gave me an epidural which helped for a while but all day it keep wearing off my left side. I spent the whole day vomiting and falling in and out of sleep. I had a fever for no particular reason so they gave me more medication and told me that the baby may have to go to the NICU after he was born. I was really upset and confused from all the medication so I started to get really worried. At 9 pm I was fully dilated and the doctor who I had not even seen ordered the nurses to take me to the OR because I would be a "difficult delivery" and he liked the instruments more in there. I never knew that this could happen and I could barely move in bed with people helping me. I was really scared that something was very wrong and when they pulled me on the stretcher I was crying hysterically. My fiance got really mad too because I was so upset and the doctor hadn't even seen us to decide it. When we got to the OR the nurse told us that they would have to use foreseps if I couldn't get the baby out. I pushed as hard as I could and within 25 minutes Alexander was here. 9 lbs 2.5 oz, 20.5 in long and he was beautiful! It was definitely worth every minute and more. And he did not need to go to the NICU as his temperature was fine. I have never been happier in my life than at that moment when he was born!

Attachments

• alex - weighed.JPG
    alex - weighed.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 153
  • brent & baby.JPG
    brent & baby.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 101
Sorry u had a rough time, glad u and Alexander are both ok.

He has loads of hair

Congratulations

sorry u had a bad time but congrats he is loverly x

SOrry the experience was marred a bit by nobody talking to you about what they were doing! He is beautiful though, congrats x

Congratulations :) Awww look at all that hair!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->