Baby Alfie born on his due date!! pretty good birth!! :)

KellieJellie

Reaction score
Well, baby Alfie is here, this post is a week late but its been a mad week!! :)

Alfie was born on the 24th october, at 15:49 :) on his due date!!
The labour went well, i started contractimg slowly on the sat night at 10ishpm after having a show (this may or may not be because me an OH had some funsies!! ;) ) By 4pm sunday contractions were regular and getting more noticable. but just ut it off! I had a bath then went to bed. by 12pm that night i was really uncomfortable to say the least! so off the the maternity centre. the midwife there was conserned bout bubbs heart rate as it kept dipping with contractions so she arranged for me to go to a bigger hospital close by. There i was attatched to a monitor and examined - 4 cms dilated.....i was given gas and air, loved it!!! and told to try and rest a bit! not too easy to do.. so me and OH spend the night restless and excited and worried all at the same time!!
Babys heart rate was still a concern so when i was 8 cms dilated at about 2ish pm my waters were broke! omg maddness.

then the dr was still really concerend to she took some samples of blood from the babys head whilst im contracting!! pain!! that is all i will say, especially as she did it 3 times!!!! any way...the result was fine so then i had to start the hard work!! still all done with only gas and air!
from start of pushing to my son being born was roughly 49 mins! so not too bad really! and there he was 6lb 7, absaloutly fine. the reason his heart rate was dippin was because the cord was round his tummy. but he cried, was put straight onto me and had a feed!

im so happy and proud of myslef! i love being a mummy! he was worth the wait and the effort! and more!!!!

Attachments

• 2011-10-24 16.10.35.jpg
    2011-10-24 16.10.35.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 2011-10-24 20.32.28.jpg
    2011-10-24 20.32.28.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 43
Congratulations! Sounds like a good birth and he's gorgeous!!! xx

Congratulations to you and your OH! Your baby boy is gorgeous!

https://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy228/jade95_2010/Congratulations/baby_congrats.gif

The moment a child is born,
The mother is also born.
She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never.
A mother is something absolutely new.
:kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"