*Baby Aliyah* Birth Story & Picture :D

bbyno1

Reaction score
So after trying everything to get this lil one out ..
i decided to DTD just that onee more time..

So on Monday night (26th) me and fob DTD..
To be honest i thought nothing of it..He went to sleep and i was laying there awake..ended up giving up trying to get to sleep so i was just sitting online and watching tv..At 2.30am i started feeling a really heavy period type pain but because of all my false calls i thought to myself ah not again! Butt this pain was abit more intense and i just felt like i needed to sit on the toilet! It was a constant feeling that i needed a poo lol. So there i was for about an hour on the toilet but i actually couldnt go! Anyway my ext trip to the toilet i had my show! :happydance:

I couldn't believe it! I still doubted this was the start of the real thing but i was so excited i run into my mums room,woke her up like omg look there is blood:dohh:then straight to fob and told him! My mum was like i think this could be it and i said omg so do i! Fob was still in denial saying hes tired and to get into bed and hug him and we will go back to sleep..

About 30 minutes later i couldn't lay down anymore..The contractions had started and seemed to be quite painful..I was thinking to myself,its nothing,just handle it.They were quite strong and when they come they was making me bend over but they were still very bearable..That morning i had my midwife appointment for 11.30 i thought id leave it until then without ringing the hospital so i went to my appointment and she said i was in early labor and ordered me an ambulance straight up to the hospital so off i went to be monitored..Got there and was hooked up to the machine..Got checked for dilation only to be told it was braxton hicks!! I was like no way! Anyway she sent me home and said to ring back up if they got more intense so off home i went..sat through them for about 5 hours when i could no longer take it i was crying through the pain and couldn't bare the thought of the next contraction so i phoned the hospital and said im coming up to be checked..

Got there at around 7.30pm and was once again hooked up to the machine to check babys heartbeat..she said she was leaving me on it for 30mins before i was checked for dilation but i could barely handle the pain still :( she was telling me to sit straight so she could get a propper reading of baby heartbeat but these contractions felt so intense that i kept twisting my body with each one..

After 30mins she said babys fine and checked me..I was only 4cm dilated!
All i could think was how am i gunna get to 10cm???and i was planing on having a water birth! She told me i couldn't get in the water until 5cm so go walking and go up and down the stairs..i took two paracetamol and off i went..I could only walk for about 2 hours before i was back in there asking for more paracetamol.I was so determined to do it but the pain felt too much..i felt like i was a failure the amount of pain i was in at such an early stage..

I then went to my delivery room where she told me to go have a shower before being checked again..At that point i was screaming i don't want a shower! i cant even get undressed!!I WANT EPIDURALL!! She wasn't listening! She gave me gas and air which i really didn't find helpfull in the slightest..it made me feel dizzy and didnt take the edge away at all..just made me really thirsty!
Anyway ended up in my bikini in the shower sitting on a chair..all of a sudden the pain actually totally went!! OMG what the water can do to you is like amazing!! I actually fell asleep in there for a good few hours!! Midwife then comes in tells me i need to be checked because iv been in their so long i could be 8cm dilated by now..

Got checked and i was still 4cm!! I couldn't believe it and that's when i was freaking out,begging and begging my life away for the epidural but she said she would only give me pethidine but 1st needed to do a membrane sweep and brake my waters. That part wasn't painful at all but after that the contractions seemed sooo intense!!
She gave me the pethidine which i didn't like either..it made me feel high and dizzy like a drunk effect but the pain was still just as bad and the worst part was she told me i could only stay on the bed now because i could fall if i started walking around and that was all i wanted to do so i ignored her and walked..not that i could see where i was going and my vision went trebble vision!

I was saying after 5mins i can feel it and i need the epidural its not doing nothing for me! She said wait until 6 o clock and by then if the effect hadn't kicked in she would see what she could do about the epidural..anyway all i remember after that was being in such bad pain but i remember being checked and being 6-7cm dilated and being told i was no longer having the epidural because by the time the anesthetist come i would probably be fully dilated!

I still felt like i had so much to go! I felt like i was ever gunna get there..The next thing i remember was being told i was fully dilated and that i would soon need to push! They strapped me up to the monitor again and baby's heartbeat was dropping below 40! They told me i needed to listen to everything i was told as baby is soo distressed that if i don't get her out in an hour then i would be rushed down to have a c-section..at that point i was so scared that my body just took over..with every contraction i was told to do 3 big pushes..i was pushing and pushing and at this point it didn't hurt??pushing just felt soo good!! lol

I remember her saying i had 10mins to get this babys head out or im guna be rushed down..i done the biggest push i could ever do and then she said omg she has hair!! i kept screaming at her What colour?!What colour?! she said push again and you will see!! I had litrally two minutes of pushing time left before i was going down for my c-section so i gave it my all and it took me about 6more pushes and out she come!!

Aliyah Faith was born July 28th 2010 ad 7.30am..
They passed her up to me and all i remember was her looking right into my eyes with her big blue eyes and omg it was the best feeling in the entire world (it makes me cry just to write it!)
I was soo happy and relieved she was in my arms and she was finally safe..

Words cant explain how much she means to me..I stay awake all night looking at her because i still cant believe what a beautiful little girl me and fob have created..

Here is here a few hours old..
https://img294.imageshack.us/img294/377/img7319copy.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

All i want to say is,if i can do it without epidural after being such a wimp at 4cm,anyy of you strong girls can go through it with a breeze! Good luck to all of you with your pregnancy's and labors:D xx

What a lovley story! Congratulations, your baby girl is beautiful x

loved reading this, she really is beautiful x

Congrats! She's gorgeous!

AWWW!! She is sooo freakin adorable!

Congratulations! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member