baby allergic to new dog ?

1st_baby

We got a new puppy yesterday boston terrier x poodle :cloud9: shes supossed to be hypoallergenic according to the owner but she sheds :dohh:..

Needless to say hubby sneezed a few times and when she played with maxim he became all red and broke out into tiny lil pimples !!! is he allergic ?

I'm not sure but it sounds like it could be. Hopefully not though :(

Definietly sounds like he could be allergic. I've worked with dogs (all different breeds) for close to 13 years and there is no TRUE hypoallergenic dog. The breeds that are least likey to cause allergic reactions are those with hair instead of fur: poodles, wheated terriers, west highland white terriers, schnauzers, cairn terriers, lhasa apsos, shih tzus, maltese and etc. A Boston sheds, so simply crossing it with a poodle doesn't guarantee that it won't shed, as you discovered. It depends on what genes it gets from it's parents, which is why they can NOT say that labradoodles are non-shedding. If it gets the gene from the shedding parent...you're going to have issues. Also, if the dog saliva is the issue and not the dander...then NO dog will be safe. I hope everything works out for y'all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->