Baby and long distance relationship

Kaisma

Reaction score
Hi, Im new here, Im 19 and I just found out last Sunday (5th June) that Im pregnant.

I didn't know where to put this, but I decided to write it here...

So... I'm in a relationship with english guy. And I live in Finland. We have planned moving to England etc. But. Here's a question, does anyone know what kind of rights I'll get in England? Or do I even get any? What about the baby? Will the baby be english or will baby have finnish and english passport? And what about me... Im about to move in England July-August. Do I get appointments and checks ups there normally? Can I have all health care cos I am EU citizenship?
I have my first appointment here in Finland after 4 weeks. I think I have time to go to 2-3 appointments before moving. But these things just makes me confused. :wacko:
And even Im not english do we get child support etc?

This would be much easier if my boyfriend moved here, but he has a good job so its better that we move there. But just so confused with all things. Of course I will ask this, but now, if someone knows anything, I would appereciate your help.

Sorry, so much questions. But I have tried to look online but never find anything? Thank you if someone can say ANYTHING!

Kaisa x

First of all, congratulations again on your pregnancy, and welcome to BnB!
I'm Sarah, im 18 and im 19+5weeks pregnant with boy/girl twins.

I'm pretty sure that because you are part of the EU, you get free healthcare here. But i've always been an English Citizen so im not entirely sure. I'm not sure about benefits and passports though :shrug: sorry. You should wait for Kittycat18 to come online, aha. She probably knows. She's such a brainbox when it comes to all this :flower:

Thank you so much and congratulations on your pregnancy too :hugs:

Yeah, Im soo confused with all this right now lol but hopefully Ill find everything out! thank you for your reply :) yeah and more I was thinking about that health care thing and stuff...cos it's the most important thing right now and when baby is born.. hopefully someone knows lol! :)

Have you tried posting this in the First Trimester section, aswell?

I didn't! I was thinking which one should I put it and I put this here.. should I put this there too...

I didn't! I was thinking which one should I put it and I put this here.. should I put this there too...

I would :)
The girls on there are probably older and know more about it all :flower:

Is finland in the EU? if it is youll get free healthcare etc and you can live here no bother. Your baby with have dual nationalilty too :)
ps congratulations!
xx

Is finland in the EU? if it is youll get free healthcare etc and you can live here no bother. Your baby with have dual nationalilty too :)
ps congratulations!
xx

Yes it is :) Oh goood! I have no idea about english system... like check ups etc... Once I read there is more check ups than here... but I have no idea how it works... Do I call somewhere when Im in England? Or should we sort that out before I move? Do you goto doctors more or just nurse/midwife or something? In finland we have couple of doctors check ups and like 10(?) with nurse or so...

Thank you so much :flower:

when your settle into your house in england register at your nearest doctors and they will be able to check you out and get your midwiife sorted etc....

citizens advice bureau maybe able to help with anything else- i.e to do with money and rights etc...

congratulatons

Okay, thank you for the help :flower: I will tell my boyfriend to make a call and ask about these things there. :)

Thank you so much :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->