Baby Aspirin

Nikki1979

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
Hi,
I have been trying to conceive baby #2 for 17 months with 2 losses. I want to take baby aspirin from next cycle. Anyone had any success with it? IF yes, when do you take it? Throughout the cycle or only after ovulation?

Thanks

Hi, I'm trying baby asprin and done a bit of research before trying. First time yring with it though so I have no results currently.
You are meant to tkake no more then 81 mg once a day. If you get a bfp, continue taking until 2nd tri, or possible miscarriage?, and it is safe to take until 28 weeks I think.

The idea behind taking it is that it helps the lining form evenly, and possibly stops small clots forming which might hinder implantation from happening as the zygote? can't form a connection(apparently if you have clots in your period you may be prone to this problem)

Either way, I don't think taking the amount required would be harmful, so I decided to give it a go.
Also 'baby aspirin' isn't available inAustralia, so I break up souluble asprin into quarters which equals 75 mg, so pretty close.

Agree with everything the PP said - I just started taking it this cycle as well because I have started having very clotty periods.

Too early to tell if it worked - only 4DPO today! I hope other ladies with experience respond!

Thank you for the responses.

I had a blood test done and I have a low protein c deficiency which has an increased risk of blood clots so I figured baby aspirin will help. I have always had very clotty periods.
Hoping baby aspirin helps me conceive and stay pregnant. Lots of :dust: to you and I hope you girls get a BFP this cycle.

My first pregnancy ended in miscarriage... so second pregnancy I took baby aspirin till 20 weeks... healthy baby girl. Third pregnancy I didn't take it and at my dating scan there was a huge blood clot by the baby... started taking it immediately after and the clot went away, another healthy baby girl.... Fourth pregnancy I took it till 20 weeks, another healthy girl! I'll take it again this time :)

Thanks for responding with your results.

I hope it works for me too :)

When I started taking it towards end of af, I noticed it effected them almost straight away, and had less clots and it wasn't as heavy, although that seemed to make af go a bit longer then normal, which might be a good thing as they usually very short.

Thanks for responding with your results.

I hope it works for me too :)

When I started taking it towards end of af, I noticed it effected them almost straight away, and had less clots and it wasn't as heavy, although that seemed to make af go a bit longer then normal, which might be a good thing as they usually very short.

That's good to hear. Hopefully it will have that same effect on me. I spot for 3-4 days before AF and then AF is only 3 days. I'd rather have AF for a bit longer than spot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->