Baby asprin and spotting

bumpyplease

Mummy at last!
Reaction score
Hi there,

After 2 recent losses at 8 weeks this month I decided to try baby asprin. I've read so many success stories on here and the general message seemed to be it can't harm so worth trying even if you don't have a disorder diagnosed.

So this month I took one daily but then from 2dpo to my AF on 14dpo I started spotting brown every single day. It was fairly light but constantly there. At first I got excited thinking it was ib but then I realised it was way too early and ib doesn't last 12 days!!

So I have now come off the ba in case that's what is causing this as I have never had mid cycle spotting before. I will be asking my doc what he thinks but I was just wondering if any ladies on here have had similar effects from ba and if they did did they come off it or not, and if they didn't come off it and got pregnant whether the spotting affected the pregnancy in any way?

Sorry for the long ramble And thanks for reading!

I found out I was preg 4 weeks ago, I'd had 2 MC before DS was born a year ago. The first thing my new consultant said was to take 75mg of aspirin per day immediately when I found I was preg with him. No test results back, just take it!! I carried him to 36 weeks....I ha placenta praevia. He is a perfect 1 y old.

Therefore I realise it cant do any harm, it certainly hasn't caused any spotting. Now sadly I have lost this one/losing it. I don't know why :( I'll be TTC as soon as poss! I didn't wait with DS an he is here as living proof ou don't need to wait :) x

I hope you don't mind me posting here.. I had a long term battle with TTC. I eventually was tested and it came back I had a high ANA level (could be unknown autoimmune problem, RA or Lupus). Even though RA and Lupus tests came back negative, my rhuemotologist recommended I take baby aspirin everyday. I did and the next time I got pregnant it stuck. I took it all the way through about 34 weeks and this pregnancy is going full term!

I can't say that the baby aspirin is what did it, but it was something I did differently that time around. I also took clomid with the ovidrel shot that cycle as well. I wish I knew exactly what made this one stick.

I did not start taking baby aspirin until I talked to my doc... yes of course he said yes take it can not hurt... however everyone is different.. I have had many complications with pregnancies and my doc was on board with it. he said it can cause bleeding in some people even in pregnancy.

I am now diagnosed with a blood disorder and everythign makes sense and I am carrying on with the aspirin.

Some say stop taking with a bfp... I tend to agree unless doc says to carry forward... just ask your doctor and go with that... then you will not question yourself later...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->