Baby bedding?!

MamaK

Mama to Miles
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I am sneaking over here from 3rd tri as I have a question regarding bedding that I am sure you can help me with :)

I went shopping at the weekend and the sales person said that you can only use a baby sleeping bag from 6 weeks+ .... so I ended up buying top sheets and a blanket.

But what did you find was the best option for your new born baby - top sheets and a blanket? Baby sleeping bag? One of those wraps that makes them feel like they are all cosy (like in the womb) - sorry not sure what they are called?

Also did they sleep in baby rompers with arms and legs?

I'm due in May so not sure how warm the baby should be in bed.

Thanks alot for any feedback :)

x

I just used blankets (until this day) he want in a sleeping bag for about 3 nights but hated it, th swaddling blanket i couldnt work out :dohh: and sheets were too cold. He always sleeps in the sleepsuits (rompers) in the day he wheres clothes and after bath he is put in a sleepsuit with vest underneath and a couple of blankets and off to sleep he goes. If you buy a thermometor it advises you how many layers a baby should have according to the inside temp, For 18-20c inside mine advises his clothes and 1-2 blankets :)

I also think it depends on the baby what they prefer some babys cant sleep unless there swaddled others hate it :shrug: XxxX

Chloewas born in July and just had one blanket and at about 8 weeks she went into her sleeping bags. She loves them so blankets are redundant!!

i know babies have to be about 10lb before going in sleeping bag so i used blankets till then , i started using sleeping bag from 6 weeks & he has slept through the night ever since . x

Thanks alot!!!!!

Very helpful :) Glad I have got the blanket / sheets already, and like you all said I can go for a sleeping bag a bit later :)

x

So far I've been sleeping her in fleece pjs and swaddling. TBH she doesn't sleep with blankets. I swaddle her but she kicks it all off within the minute

I cant really offer much help as max was always sweating if he had sleep suits or a thick blanket on , even now I have to make him sleep in a baby grow and socks ..if not hes completely sweating from head to toe :( he was born in may and spent most of his new born days in a diaper only !!

Tyler sleeps in a sleepsuit then in his swaddle blanket and somenights a thin blanket on top of that!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->