Baby bedding

cparks1

Reaction score
Hello all. I picked out some blue and brown baby bedding on the WalMart site. Well, Saturday I am invited to a baby shower (my husband's cousins shower). I was looking at her registry list on-line and realized she picked out the same exact bedding that I did. :growlmad: (Grrr.) I'm so upset about it because I don't want to have the same thing that she does (not our favorite person in the family). I have been searching other sites to try and find something that I like with those colors and each site I am disappointed. I just want blue and brown (no cars, sports or anything like that).

Do any of you know of any websites other than Babies R Us, WalMart, Target or EBay to search for baby bedding? Price is also another factor. I'm desperate for ideas. My husband said that it's no big deal if we get the same thing, but it really bothers me. The pattern the bedding had was circles. I would be fine with circles, stripes or some kind of pattern. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

may be you can try Carter?
https://www.carters.com/category/CategoryT4E.aspx?categoryId=54
you may have done it already so...

Think i would still get what I originally chose. Main people to see bedding will be you and oh. Other people won't remember that she also had it will they?

I haven't tried Carter's or Overstock yet. Thank you both for the suggestions. I could just go ahead with what I orginally picked out and just get over it. There was another bedding I like on the WalMart site, it had brown, yellow and green. It was cute, but I just prefer the brown and blue. Thanks again for suggesting those websites, I'll check them out.

Trust me, when DS is between 2 and three, you'll be looking for new bedding for his toddler bed, so I wouldnt' sweat having the same bedding especially if you like it and its reasonably $$$.

If you don't like her, it's not like you'll be visiting eachother a lot! :)

As I've already had a baby, I just have a hard time spending loads of money on items I know they'll outgrow, outuse, will become obsolete in a matter of months. Plus a child that small doesn't know the difference between a blue bedding set and a green one- that's a parental thing :)

:hugs:

:crib:

Good point Margerle. I guess it's just that I am caught up in the moment of this being our first child and I just want everything to be perfect and unique at the same time. I know it's silly, but I can't help it. I can't find anything else that I like so I will probably just end up getting the same thing, at least we can always decorate the room differently. I know that they don't have much room to do much with their space. Thanks for replying, I appreciate it. By the way, the bedding is only $80.00 which is cheap, I have looked everywhere for bedding and everything is well over $100.00 (that's how much regular bedding costs, geez....).

Exactly :)

I know what you mean about it being your first, and want everything to be unique and perfect. We've all been there!

Trust me, when DS is between 2 and three, you'll be looking for new bedding for his toddler bed, so I wouldnt' sweat having the same bedding especially if you like it and its reasonably $$$.

If you don't like her, it's not like you'll be visiting eachother a lot! :)

As I've already had a baby, I just have a hard time spending loads of money on items I know they'll outgrow, outuse, will become obsolete in a matter of months. Plus a child that small doesn't know the difference between a blue bedding set and a green one- that's a parental thing :)

:crib:

I agree completly!

The bedding I found for my little bean was at a second hand store. I originally wanted a set from CoCaLo.com (however, had found it at https://www.babymania.com for like $260!). My mother was buying it and told me she had $400 to spend on everything for LO, so I decided to look for something cheaper while we were shopping. Ended up finding the bedding we bought for only 100$, and it came wiht EVERYTHING! Light switch cover, night light cover, I mean EVERYTHING! Which was a killer deal! My OH told me to look cheaper because like Margerle said, they will only use it for a short period before they are old enough to pick out their own toddler bedding.
So, in short, if it's what you like and its priced where you want, I wouldn't worry about it. I say get what you want.

Good point Margerle. I guess it's just that I am caught up in the moment of this being our first child and I just want everything to be perfect and unique at the same time. I know it's silly, but I can't help it.
That's not silly at all :) I think you should keep that same bedding and make the baby room different, after all it's only the bedding that will be the same. Make the room AMAZING so it's better than hers :headspin:

But... that's just my opinion :p

layla grace has awesome bedding and dwellstudio bedding by target is nice

If you really like that bedding that you initally chose,just get it...Margerle is right,you'll be buying new bedding before you know it...but I understand how you want it to be perfect so I would agree codiontour-dwellstudio by target,they are really unique...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->