Baby blues or PND?

Impatient TTC

Reaction score
So my daughter is 10 days old today. Last week we had a bit of a tough start because she has jaundice and was starting to get dehydrated because my milk didn't come in until day 5. She had lost 13% of her birth weight and we were getting pretty worried.

Anyway since about day 3 I've felt awful and I think it's getting worse. If I'm awake I'm generally crying. I can't believe how scary it is having a baby at home. I'm totally exhausted and I am terrified of being left on my own with her when Dh goes back to work. Even though I got about 5 hours sleep in a row last night (Dh did the feed in between with expressed milk) I still cried the minute I woke up. I wanted a baby so badly but now I am wishing for my old life back and I hate saying that. I feel so guilty. Isn't it a bit early for PND? But equally this feels like more than the blues :-(

I've been feeling exactly the same... Baby blues since day 3 which just got worse and worse, I was definitely depressed by day 10. It sounds like it might be pnd - can you talk to your doctor or health visitor about it? So sorry you're feeling crappy :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->