• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baby blues

Hoping4peanut

Reaction score
I am about 12 days out. I feel like I want to cry all of the time. I know they said it could be normal for up to 3 weeks. I feel like I love my baby to the max but I am tired and the adjustment to being someone's everything is a big one for me. I feel the pressure of being her only food source and comfort. My husband tries so so hard to help but until we start bottles it is a full time job for me. I know all of these feelings are normal. But I have a history of anxiety so I worry a little.

All I can say is it normal and should pass. The first couple of months are the hardest and it really does get easier. It's excellent you feel that deep love for your baby. For me it took about 4-6 week's with my first and I was fine. Sounds like you are tired and a little over whelmed. It's a huge change to become a Mum but slowly it feels more and more normal. Take as much help as you can get. X

I'm the same way, I had it with my first as well. I know right now its mainly exhaustion...but it still sucks.

Just try to make a habit of getting out of the house each day. Even if its to get the mail :) I would love to walk but the humidity is so bad I'm just like..Mmmmm no.

Its rough, but hang in there!

Going through it here too :( started yesterday when I was left alone for the first time with hubby returning to work. Just want to cry for no apparent reason, I love my baby to bits and feel guilty for feeling this way.

Don't feel guilty! :hugs:

I think I just had normal weepiness for awhile but it's a major thing to have such a tiny, needy, delicate human rely on you for everything. I remember getting up one morning in the second week and saying to my OH "I'd like to not be a parent/breastfeed just one day". It's overwhelming at first but I swear, it does get better. My LO has length naps now, BF is a breeze, I get time to myself and OH in the evening.

It gets so much easier as soon as you and babe hit your groove.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->