Baby born at 25 wks now on wk 4 in nicu!!

Shadylady14

Reaction score
Hi I had my baby girl at 25 wks on valentines day I was told it wa a water infection and as I was left in a hospital corridor pushing the staff kept tellin me it was the water infection causin pressure and that I shld try goin the loo within 6 minutes my tiny baby was born weighing 2ibs 3oz she was transferred to another hospital I didn't c her til the next day she spent a few days in intensive care then was moved into high dependency she is 4 wks on tue and is doin reali well she had a blood transfusion the other day and is much better since she is now 2ibs 11 oz i love doin her nappy ad her all care I just cnt wait to get her home.

Congratulations on your little one! My goodness what terrible treatment you had! So glad your little girl is doing so well. That's a great weight gain. You will get a great amount of support on here. Any questions out have just ask x

:hugs: That was like a super fast version of our labour too.

Congratulations. That is a very good weight at that gestation!

congrats on your little lady. terrible treatment from the hospital. xx

Congratulations on the early arrival of your little girl, very happy she is doing well xx

Congrats on your little girl it sounds like she is doing really well and that was a great weight for a 25 weeker.

Congratulations on your little girl, that is a very good weight, I'm sure she will continue to do well & will be home with you before you know it x

Hi thanks for ur replies still trying to work out how to post properly etc lol I thought it was a reali low birth weight til speaking to other mums on the unit n nt met 1 who's baby was born b4 30 wks n over 2 ibs so very proud of her it musta been all the fry ups when pregnant lol she gt weighed 2 days ago and is 2ibs 14.9 and will b weighed again tonight she may b bin transferred to another hospital tmz.

my lo was born at 25+6 and he weighed 2lb 1oz, He was soo tiny but the nurses and other mums said that was an excellant weight. I sad the same as you must have been all my cakes when pregnant. Good weight for my lo as i couldnt keep anything down for the first 18 weeks due to severe sickness :( Ur little one is going strong. Its amazing these little miracles go through so much and jus take it in their stride xx

Thanks mummybearD she's makin us all proud n amazing us all everyday she's 31 wks today still cnt blve she's here.

Hi danielle I was 25+3 or that's what the scan said but wen I had her they said I was more like 26+4 goin by her size n yes they certainly do just take it in their stride they r amazing little ppl and she has made me a better person after seein the diff a blood teanfusions made to her and other babies on the unit I've decided to start givin blood and once we have got her settled at home I am gonna fund raise fr teh neonatal unit can't blve the government want to make cuts to neonatal it's a joke.

Hi hon,

Your little lady sounds like she is doing amazing. What a little star.

My little girl was born just a few days before your LO. She was born at 30 weeks and was 3lb 9oz and I thought that was a great weight so for your LO to be that weight is fab! Xx

Shayden is now off cpap and is wearing clothes woo hoo so exciting to c her progress n start looking more like a baby

Hi jadeyB how old is ur baby now and how long were u on nicu my baby gets weighed again tonight cnt wait to c wot she weighs now they have just tk her off cpap and put her in high flow and started putting clothes on her i love her in little clothes bless her x

Hi thank u guys shayden has been moved to another hospital and has got an infection and is nil by mouth so has had to b fitted with a long line she's 6 wks old tue and 32 wks gestation 2mz havin an emotional time today.

Sorry to hear, ur lo is not doing so well. A long line is better tho, for getting all the nutrition and antibi's in. My lo got group b strep and all his veins shut down, he ended up with burns from the cannulas leaking tpn which have now scarred his leg and arm, So long line is the best option. Hoping she gets better soon and back on track. can be even more emotional when ur lo is not doing great, I no exactly how u feel. We are all here for u anytime xx

I haven't been coming on b&b a lot. :hugs: for what you are going through but your girl is a fighters, she'll get through this, only believe.:hug: I pray for God to keep strengthening you. I understand it's a tough time for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->