Baby boy names... Just can't agree!

Helzy

Reaction score
Me and the OH cannot for the life of us agree on a boy's name! We had a list of girl's names as long as my arm, and about 3 boy's names, and sod's law, spud is a little boy! :dohh:

I love the names Noah, Charlie and Archie, but they're all definite 'no's from the OH. We kind of agree on Luca, Oakley and Reid, but now that the OH's mother has taken posession of the name Luca (we had a right paddy about this.. We said we might not call him that, and she replied with 'Well i'll call him Luca whatever you call him!' ...That's a whole new story....), we're not sure at all.

We like names that are a little different, and while I like old fashioned names, OH just likes names that are overtly unique. Any suggestions? :shrug:

Go with Oakley or Reid....or take back Luca. Its a great name, one you loved, and mother in law likes it to (not that her opinion matters).

how rude of her... thats why I dont tell anyone

I like Oakley best out of those three

I love Oakley !! It's so cute ... However Luca will age better x

I am leaning more towards Oakley, I think 'Oak' is quite a strong nickname (and would be quite amusing, as OH's nickname is 'Ash', so we'd have two tree nicknames, teehee!).

As much as I like(d) Luca, I don't want to give MIL the satisfaction! She's already somehow managed to tell everyone that it's definitely the name we're going with because she chose it (when she hadn't even heard of it until a couple of weeks ago... oh dear).

I am leaning more towards Oakley, I think 'Oak' is quite a strong nickname (and would be quite amusing, as OH's nickname is 'Ash', so we'd have two tree nicknames, teehee!).

As much as I like(d) Luca, I don't want to give MIL the satisfaction! She's already somehow managed to tell everyone that it's definitely the name we're going with because she chose it (when she hadn't even heard of it until a couple of weeks ago... oh dear).

lol my mam does that as well

no one (and I mean no one other than me + OH) new our sons name before he was born and the name went down well (their was no choice ive had the name Jake picked since I was 12 but my family still remember me as a weird child loving the name Bimbella and Candy and was convinced he would be called something ridiculous) but my mam told every one I was going to call him Jack after my brother + grandad and that she suggested Jake instead... WTF lol

I dont even like the name Jack, it was never and I mean NEVER an option and she most definitely didn't choose Jake (she doesn't even know why he has that name lol) but she has a tendency to exaggerate and always changes the story so I just roll my eyes and ignore it lol

I love the name Luca but I would not be giving mil that satisfaction lol.
I LOVE your three original choices though! Archie, Charlie & Noah.

Your MIL sounds like an idiot! If mine said that I'd be so irritated. Clearly if you named your son something else she obviously wouldn't call him Luca as that would just be silly!

I like Archie Charlie and Noah'! They are completely different to Oakley and Reid, more traditional

And to the PP - nothing wrong with the name jack!!

Your MIL sounds like an idiot! If mine said that I'd be so irritated. Clearly if you named your son something else she obviously wouldn't call him Luca as that would just be silly!

I like Archie Charlie and Noah'! They are completely different to Oakley and Reid, more traditional

And to the PP - nothing wrong with the name jack!!

never said their was but it not a name for me... I grew up around Jacks every kid my brothers age was Jack - im just sick of that name... Same for Rachel louise's in my generation

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->