Baby Brain?

comeondance77

Reaction score
I have been so scatter brained lately and it's like I'm living in a fog a lot of the time. My coworkers call it baby brain and say it's normal. Anyone else dealing with something similar? It's kind of driving me nuts.

Oh yes, I have to write lists on my cell to remember things. We just bought a new SUV and I had 2 questions while the lady was explaining things about the warrantee and car itself she didn't address them right away saying she'd get back to them as she needed to find out and do you think I could remember what I'd asked before I went home? I was so irritated with myself and her. I just have to write things down all the time and don't bother to ask me where a file was from before my first pregnancy, I just give people a strange look at work like do you think I'm superwoman? Because I'm not! If our management doesn't want a logical system of filing things I'm not the indexing machine that knows where everything is anymore. My brain died last year when I delivered our DD and now that I'm pregnant with twins and getting up every night with a teething 1 year old not only am I perma-fried with pregnancy brain, my short term memory is gone too from lack of sleep. I sometimes wonder how I manage to drive to work every morning :haha:

I heard somewhere when you are pregnant you lose 6 to 8 % of your brain mass, which grows back by 6 months post partum. Perhaps this is how the brain makes way for learning mom things.

I myself have lost great swatches of memory, like I see pictures from a trip and I can scarcely remember the trip.

In other words, dont worry it goes away after the baby is born.

I forget what things are called sometimes, I have to ask my dh "what is this that I'm holding in my hand" and I forget what I'm doing all of the time. Also will forget what I'm going to say in a matter of seconds. It's crazy and extremely frustrating

With DD I forgot how to spell my name. This time I forgot what my name was... baby brain isn't kind to me

Yes! The last two weeks or so have been the worst yet. Sometimes I can barely form a sentence. The other day I left out a crucial ingredient in a dish I cook every week. I forgot to set my alarm two days ago and work up an hour late. While talking to my boss yesterday I could barely remember certain things and sounded like a complete moron....ugh. When talking to my husband sometimes I just can't find the word and instead of saying "ummm" for 10 seconds now I just say "I can't, I'm sorry".

Me!Me!Me!

Man I feel like such a dolt.
today I had the girl in who will replace me on mat leave in for orientation. we call patients in by number and I kept forgetting what number we were at and at one point she said 9, as i started to walk back to check where we were at, again 9, i disregarded her cuz i had no idea what she was talking about until I saw we were on number 9. /face palm

So bad lol. Thankfully its just silly things and not patient affecting issues!

I also totally forgot DD had picture day at school today. She chose a purple background and was wearing a red Christmas shirt (her choice) lol. I never forget things like that..haha!

So glad i am not the only one!

Me!! And I feel like it never went away after having DD three and a half years ago lol

You still have a brain while pregnant and after having children?

Oh my goodness! I feel so much better knowing it really is common. I've felt like such an idiot recently. I got a call from our loan officer last night letting me know that I had to resend paperwork because my OH signed but I didn't and I'm the one that checked it over and sent it. I felt like such a moron!

it won't go away with birth!! prepare to feel that way from now on-sometimes i feel so stupid-walking into a room, forgetting why I was there...oh, parenthood

I'm with you! I have a two year old and a 10 month old and I'm almost 18 weeks pregnant. I feel like I don't have a brain at all anymore, and I basically haven't since my son was born. Lol. I have heard veteran parents say that when their kids finally outgrow the baby/toddler constantly-needing-something phase, it's literally like emerging from a fog. I love mine being little and I'm enjoying pregnancy, but man, brain function sure sounds nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->