Baby Brockie no.2....

Brockie

Reaction score
better late than never, here is my birth story!!!

was due 8th April, MW tried a sweep that day but said i was still closed, she gave things a good jig about though!

10th April about 10am started with mild contractions, my last labour went on FOREVER so i wasn't expecting anything to happen anytime soon! spent the day cleaning, went for a walk, chased my little boy around, usual stuff. Contractions were getting stronger but stayed about 6-8 mins apart all day. Then at about 7pm they suddenly went 2 mins apart and they hurt! Put TENS machine on and rang the hospital. Was told they were understaffed, fantastic!!!:wacko:

Anyway was examined at hospital and was 4-5cm, this was a major boost to hear after my last labour! i really wanted to use the birthing pool but my BP was high - has NEVER been high before, i actually have a condition that means my BP is too low usually! - so wasn't allowed in pool, was gutted :cry:

got to hospital about 9, by 12 my waters went in the bath and i wanted to push. MW told me to get out of bath and onto bed which i didnt want to but just agreed, was in no frame of mind to argue, the contractions to push were out of this world!:wacko: so i pushed - for hour and half! nothing! my whole body was shaking with every contraction and i was getting tired. She FINALLY examined me and said i had a tiny bit of cervix in the way and, wait for it, SHE THOUGHT THE BABY WAS BREACH!?!?!!!!!!:dohh: WTF?!!!!! why she hadn't checked me sooner i have no idea, but anyway she said i had to stop pushing and pant through each contraction, this was absolutely horrendous! another mw checked me and said baby wasn't breach, i started getting upset and all my yoga breathing went out the window! after another hour doctor then came and checked me, i was loosing the plot by this point as my body was just pushing without me being able to stop it, i was begging for some pain relief as i had almost rammed the G&A up the midwifes backside by this point!

doctor said baby was facing sideways which was why baby wasn't coming down when i pushed. She said they were going to give me an epi and try and turn baby in theatre then deliver with forceps. If this wasn't possible then emergency c-section. I was scared but to be honest just wanted the pain to end! so got the epi finally and that was a relief. The doctor was fantastic and got her hand up there :wacko: and after what seemed forever baby turned around, she then whipped it out with forceps. Knowone was holding me when she pulled first time and i almost slipped off the bed! Pretty robust these babies to be yanked out by their swedes!!!

Baby cried straight away and was placed straight onto my tum. I wanted OH to tell me the sex, it was pretty busy in theatre and he couldn't get a good look! finally the MW pulled babys legs apart and we saw..............

.........BABY GIRL :kiss:

Kitty Gardiner born 5.19am weighing 7lb 10oz :cloud9: we were so surprised it was a girl, we didn't know the sex but i was convinced it was a boy even though my pregnancy was completely different to my boys x She is a fabulous feeder but very greedy!

So it didn't turn out like i had hoped but heyho, thats childbirth! the forceps left my bladder badly bruised and i was incontinent for a week but all ok now. my MW thinks as i have had 2 forceps deliveries i may have a small pelvis, i honestly think after trying twice now to just labour with just G&A only to end up with an epi i will just ask for one straight away next time...... NEXT TIME?! whats wron with me?!!!!!:haha:

i feel incredibly blessed to have 2 beautiful children x

Super story, glad they got her out without a section in the end :D

And CONGRATULATIONS! :D xx

Well done hun, congrats on your lovely little girl! xx :hugs:

awww congrats hun lovely name so happy for you x x

congratulations brockie!!! a lovely little sister!! x

Ah! Well done my friend!! She's a little poppet!!

xxx

Brockie huge congratulations hun!!! What a lovely name too!
How is Freddie getting on with his new sister? xxxxxx

Congrats Brockie!!!! I hope you enjoy your new little girl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->