Baby Caitlin has arrived, and a day early! =D x

KiwiBubba

Reaction score
Well My Brother had come over to stay hoping I would go into labour within his stay. And so myself, my brother and my partner tried all these self induction techniques. We had A LOT of spicy food, hot vindaloo, chillies etc. I went to Tesco late the night before I went into labour to get radox bath soak which contains Clary sage, and had a bath. We done bouncing on my ball and even went to the park at 12.30am and went on the swings.

Next day (Saturday 1st Oct) we was going to visit my Uncle as my brother was over. I went upstairs to get ready and went to the toilet to which my waters broke (the first lot of waters) I was so shocked as I had no pains, nothing... so we went to the hospital and the check and said they would keep me in. My OH went to the car to get my bags and my ball and as I was waiting I got up to get some water and my FULL waters went then, and they kept coming and coming, I was soaked lol!!

So was then put on the maternity ward and by this time it was around 4pm, I was getting contractions but they were mild enough. At around 6pm the contractions were coming quicker and more painful, one of the midwives heard me moan in pain and said, "you need to go to the labour ward now and get some pain relief"... I was straight there lol. I started to cry with the shock of the pain and started to doubt that I could actually do this, I was scared of what was to come.

The midwife was lovely and calmed me down, she got my on the gas & air and a tens machine which I was so thankful for. She checked how far I was gone and to my surprise I was 6cm dilated with no pain relief. I was so happy. The contractions were coming quicker but only lasting at the most a minute long.

My baby was positioned OP and was in a difficult birthing position the midwife
advised I go for a shower to help her position, I had a painful contraction in the shower and the midwife organised for the epidural, which was amazing, I could feel the contractions but they weren't painful. 2 hours after I was first check, she checked me again and I was 9cm dilated! and another hour or so after that I was 10cm dilated. I wasn't ready to push just yet though and thank god the staff are so thorough because she noticed that I had an 'interia lip' on my cervix and wasn't actually 10cm just yet, but soon after that at 3.15am I started pushing. An hour passed and the midwife was concerned as it had being an hour. She got another doctor in to help and I was Sure I would be able to do it but she just wasn't coming easy lol!

Eventually, I needed vacuum and forceps assisted, I wasn't worried as I knew I was in the best hands and my baby would soon be here. At 5.59am My wonderful girl was born and we we're delighted.

I had an episiotomy performed and have stitches. My bleeding was heavy for a short while and has calmed down now.

I was very lucky to be let out of hospital. The day they said I could go (Tuesday 4th) I had to have my bloods taken to check my iron as I was looking very pale. We was all packed and ready to go just waiting on the results, then was told that my iron levels was 6.6 and that at this stage they didn't know how I was still standing. They said at 6.6 they would usually go for blood transfusion but the doctor would decide if I was okay to go and be put on tablets or need the transfusion. So they decided I was okay to go but if I felt any of the symptoms I should come straight back in. They explained my heart is under a lot of strain and I need to rest at home, not to be doing any work or much walking. My colour still isn't back, I'm still extremely pale and weak, but so glad to be home. My OH is brilliant and has being doing all the work around the house. My brother went home to London on the 5th but was thrilled that Little Caitlin made an appearance while he was here :)

She is the most beautiful little girl I have ever seen. She is so good, sleeps so well, and feeds brilliantly, We love her so much!! Still can't believe she's here and I'm a mum!!

Baby Caitlin was born 2nd October 2011, weighing 8lbs 7oz.

She is perfect! <3 x

Lovely story and congrats on meeting your little girl!! :) xx

Awwww congratulations! :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back